Pictures of my 75g (90% there)

TRD_Power

Going to be housing some Barracuda in this tank, maybe a Payara, maybe an African Pike... We'll see how it goes! So far I only have one Aquaclear 110, but I plan on adding another soon. There are just 4 guppies (3 of which are female), 2 Cory cats, and one ghost shrimp in there. Once my house is done being remodeled I will add the carnivores, don't want to freak them out with all the house work going on. All that's really left for me to do is paint the back and sides black, night light, AC 110 #2, and a little more decore. Sorry for the bad pics, still getting used to the camera. Oh and those are bubbles, not scratches. Let me know what you think!
TankPic.jpg

TankPic4.jpg

TankPic2.jpg

TankPic3.jpg

TankPic5.jpg

Mikey

Looks great! I love the wood and the plants in there. Cool choice of fish to go in there, too! 8)

sandnuka

Wow, awesome, water looks crystal too.... very cool. and I really like the painting black on the back and sides... its what I did for all my tanks, and best decision I ever made. keep us updated

Kingstature

Painting the sides and back of tank black or blue gives the resident fish a sense of security and is also very visually appealing I think.. Its usually a little cheaper as well over the paper printed backgrounds and always looks better in my opinion.. The Tank looks great and Im sure even better with the meat eaters and background painted.. Keep us updated looks good.... :king:

TRD_Power

crazyfish253 said:
WOW you make the bog wood look good!!! I like the one with the fern on it :D
Hey glad you joined up, man! Glad you like how it all turned out, now to add more Elkhorn to the bogwood :) Picking some up tomorrow so it should look pretty cool. I really like what you did with the one you sold me, so I'm going to attempt it myself with the other pieces I got from you. Hope my cuda doesn't flip out while I'm adding it... Did you just use a little fishing line to hold the plant in place?

crazyfish253

I used a spicific plant tie its 1/4" wide and streatchy. fishing line wount streatch and will become brittal under water it will work just make shur there is room for the plant to expand.