Photo Contest Sponsored by Hikari and Aquarium Co-Op

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I finally got all the details worked out on the contest. Until 1/12/2012 at midnight. Anyone can post a picture of their tank. The goal is to get a full tank shot. Each tank can only be submitted once. However you can submit as many tanks as you'd like. The prizes will be given out randomly . So each picture you post will get you another chance it. I think this would be a great way to kick off the new year coming up and share each other's tanks.

Thanks to Hikari, here are the prize packs:
1st Package: 16.3oz Package of Massivore Delight and 6oz package of Jumbo Carnivore Sticks
2nd Package Freeze Dried Bloodworms, Micro Pellets, and Shrimp Cuisine
3rd Package: 8oz Cichlid Bio Gold Mini and 8oz Cichlid Bio Gold Medium

Winners will be chosen at random by me based on a random number. If there are 50 tank pictures submitted. I'll use a random number generator to choose one. Then the first winner picks a package and so on. Until all 3 are gone. Aquarium Co-Op will pay the postage to send it straight to your door.

Share your tank and win some great food! Win/Win!

No time to waste. Start taking pictures of your tanks ;) Please post your tanks in different posts as the number I draw will be corresponding to post number.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Guess I'll get this Started.

Pic of a rack of tanks I had in my fish room about 2 years ago. Demasoni breeding tank on top and cherry shrimp/ heterandria formosa tank on the bottom. Both 55s.

2011-02-06125812.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
29g.jpg

29g planted tank with no filtration on top. Used Dr Walstad method for the first time. Bottom tank was a green water culture to feed fry :)

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
sphere1.jpg

Old cherry shrimp tank I had setup in a spare bedroom. No longer own this oddball tank :(

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
lshape.jpg

I wanted to see if I could mass produce guppies. This is a 110 gallon L shaped tank. The giant net is where all the breeders were and rest of the tank was filled with babies. Confirmed. Breeding them like a fish farm does in a large tank does work :p

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Old rack of tanks in the fish room. No longer there. Replace with different tanks now.

rack1.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Empty tank:
tank1.jpg

300g.jpg

Custom 300 gallon I sold a while back. 2 ft pangacius in there, horde of clown loaches, flagtail etc.

Heres a diff shot of the same tank with some different fish in it too.
tinfoils4jpg.jpg

Fish shots from it
Dorkulajpg.jpg

lolcat1.jpg

Foot long clown loach
meatloaf2.jpg

meatloaf-1.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
My first shrimp tank, and I think it was my second fish tank I ever owned.

week3tank.jpg
I still have this line of shrimp going 8 years later?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
here are a couple of my tanks, top two are acrylic. first one is the CA cichlid 125,
1212122053a.jpg

second one is the 75 mix and match African tank
1212122054.jpg

third tank is a 35 hex (started off as my African, now growing some A. Lyonsi, and red islatus fry)
fish001.jpg

unfortunately all pics (new and old) are taken with my phone..... my camera broke and i never replaced it. When i finally get a new camera, I will also get to wiping down the front of the tanks to make the pics. clear. :laughhard:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Great contest!
So here is my first real 'BIG' tank. It was a Marineland 120g (60x18x26). This is still my favorite size tank Ive ever owned, the 5ft is really unique.
dsc02413.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Here is my 210g at a point where I first got it and loved the set up the most. Very simple, with LARGE decor!
dsc02417.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I love to build things so at one point I had this setup in my office. A little DIY stand I built with a 29g. This was soon replaced by something bigger of course!
dsc02437.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Kind of feel like this is a bit of a cheat showing this because it was in another pic but I was showing off the 29g and the homemade stand. Here is a 2.5g betta tank I had going for a long time. I did a bit of reorganization and sold this set up to some friends.
dsc02414.jpg

dsc02415.jpg

I love nano tanks and would probably have dozens.... but the wife would kill me!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
After reorganization, I sold the 29g and 2.5g and I got a 56g column for the office. Here it is right after I got it set up. Looks better now since its cleared up and has some growouts in it.
56g_210.jpg

56g_1_10.jpg

So that is some of the tanks Ive had or currently have going. I suppose if I dug through pics I could find more of the tanks that have come and gone but these ones to me are my most memorable.

Madness

Staff member
My turn, I will try and get the rest later.

This is my 250gal SA tank with a trio of WC Ec. Festae/ WC pair of Geo. Altifron/ WC pair of Geo. Steindachneri/ 10 WC Ornatums/ an L114 and L029 Plecos
photobucket-40359-1354588879901.jpg

135 gal WC Peruvian Festae pair w/500 babies/ and 3 Silver Dollars for dithers/ plus another L029 pleco
photobucket-19835-1354588866132.jpg

125 gal Female Beani/ Red Devil/ 2 x my Zonatus fry for entertainment/ 3 x Burma Border Loaches (this tank will eventually be for a pair of Beani. As soon as he catches my male) :)
photobucket-22995-1354588853110.jpg

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I'm enjoying the pic with all the fry. Very cool how you light the aquariums for the pics :)

Madness

Staff member
Thank you. :) The babies are getting relocated this weekend. Mom and dad look like they want to spawn again, plus the babies are really starting to stress the parents out.

All 3 of these tanks a lit with LEDs. The 250 has 3 x 24" Led fixtures spanning front to back. The 135 has 2 x 24" LEDs across the top, and the 125 has 1 x 48" LED fixture across the top.

Most of my tanks have LED lights on them now. I am slowly weeding out the bright and expensive T5 fixtures. I still Have 4 tanks with these on them.