Free Petsmart Red Devil P/U Lakewood

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Free 12" (estimated) Petsmart red Devil

Please do no respond if you do not have at least a 75 gallon tank for him. he originally came out of a community set up and actually did pretty well with tankmates.

This guy is free (see note above) for pick up only in Lakewood. Bring your own method of transport. A 5 gallon bucket works but it is a tight fit. Please wear a mask.

Picture is a bit older and he is a bit bigger now.
IMG_20201218_153705228 (1).jpg

Please note: I posted him for free on Craigslist so likely he will go fast. PM me if interested or just reply here.

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I’d love to take him for the 220g but I worry my jewel cichlids would pick on him since he’s so peaceful

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Would the jewels really hassle a fish that big? :oops:
I didn’t share this earlier, but they beat up the large trimac I had picked up from dmd. He was sick when I got him but progressed to appear normal. But he unfortunately went downhill super fast. I think I had to put him down two weeks back when I got home from a 1 night stay in central washington. I came home and he was basically bobbing in the water and the jewels were eating his scales.
Now, I’m not sure if he ever became fully healed or if he was still compromised, but my jewels range between 4-5” and he was 10”.

my other trimac is super aggressive and I think he would kill for sport ( and thus wipeout my red jewels).

I will add that the jewels I had before were crazy calm and peaceful but these new ones I have act like a wolf pack and attack the same way. These really have the aggression of a hemichromis elogatus / frempongi……it’s really surprising.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
I didn’t share this earlier, but they beat up the large trimac I had picked up from dmd. He was sick when I got him but progressed to appear normal. But he unfortunately went downhill super fast. I think I had to put him down two weeks back when I got home from a 1 night stay in central washington. I came home and he was basically bobbing in the water and the jewels were eating his scales.
Now, I’m not sure if he ever became fully healed or if he was still compromised, but my jewels range between 4-5” and he was 10”.

my other trimac is super aggressive and I think he would kill for sport ( and thus wipeout my red jewels).

I will add that the jewels I had before were crazy calm and peaceful but these new ones I have act like a wolf pack and attack the same way. These really have the aggression of a hemichromis elogatus / frempongi……it’s really surprising.
Wow. Sometimes you never know... o_O

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So I have two Craigslist people asking for him. Im making them tell me their tank size, what tankmates and if they have kept big cichlid before. How they answer will determine who gets it.

I swear the one seems to be the Asian lady who contacted me before about my trimac. Offered me $20 for a fish I posted free… fishy, lol. I had deleted my emails from her but very sure the name and number look alike. I might check my phone history since she called and asked about the fish. Maybe the number will be in there.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
it is always hard on CL….. I think you are taking the correct steps. I wouldn’t sell it to anyone than less than a 6’ footprint as you said it was unhappy in the 90g

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I got a response from someone with a 120 gallon but it has other big fish in there. She is setting up another 150 gallon and at least sounds knowledgeable so I am going to let her take him. She has not got back to me yet to arrange for pick up so we will see what happens. Otherwise I do have another person who sounds promising. Sounds like a young guy with multiple tanks so that might be the next in line. Good possibility of empty tanks this weekend to start working with.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Went back through my call records and found that the person who had contacted me before about the trimacs is also the one asking about the red devil. This was an Asain woman who raised community fishes. I think she just responds to any ads, lol. I just emailed her back that it would not work and that she had responded to me before. Plus I dont know why she offered me $20 for a fish I posted for free.

Anyway the person who I thought I wanted to have the fish has not responded back to my email or a text. I am going to give her till noon to respond and then Im moving on. The guy who has multiple large tanks is my next choice. I already emailed him to get his number. If the first person does not respond then Im getting him lined up. Hope is for this afternoon after work to rehome him.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
He is gone. Im so glad I moved on the the guy I did. A long time fish keeper who came up from Kelso for him. He is off to a good home with experienced fish people!

Status
Not open for further replies.