Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Overall Experience 4
Cost 4
Quality 4
Variety 4
Service 4

I like the store because it is generally clean and its close to my house. This was just an average visit to pick up my fishes free birthday item and to look around. The tanks were being cleaned and they were a bit low on fish stock but overall a nice store still.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Stopped in for some frozen fish food and ended up buying a fish, lol
$15 on sale. A bit beat up since it was in their small tanks with 3 other red devils. But coming along nicely now. Im glad to have the Lakewood Petsmart so close to my house, they usually have those filler items like frozen foods and are pretty well priced.

16FD93CF-9048-40A7-8516-E6FAC6B07A9C.jpeg
IMG_20200120_191842998.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 3
Cost 4
Quality 3
Variety 2
Service 2

Been in a couple times for supplies during this time of Covid and have not been very happy. Shelves are pretty empty and tanks were not stocked well or clean for that matter. Seemed short handed and just not well organized. This is a shame since this was my go to for the big box pet stores in Lakewood. As time goes on I am appreciating the local stores like Aquarium Paradise so much more.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Not a review but just a store update.

All new tank system was installed. Looks like it the same style of system where all the tanks are connected but noticed some tanks now did not have any gravel but were bare bottom. Fish looked healthy and everything was clean because it was all new. Looks like more tanks than previously too. Many tanks were still empty.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Not a review but just a store update.

All new tank system was installed. Looks like it the same style of system where all the tanks are connected but noticed some tanks now did not have any gravel but were bare bottom. Fish looked healthy and everything was clean because it was all new. Looks like more tanks than previously too. Many tanks were still empty.
The gentlemen who works the aquatic section at the lakewood store used to work in puyallup and he is a hobbyist like the rest of us, which is nice!

He shared that he could special order fish for me when we chatted one time. I have always appreciated that about him

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The gentlemen who works the aquatic section at the lakewood store used to work in puyallup and he is a hobbyist like the rest of us, which is nice!

He shared that he could special order fish for me when we chatted one time. I have always appreciated that about him
Petsmart? or Petco?

I always thought Petsmart was a lot more rigid when it came to their stock. Seems Petco had more flexibility. I had even seen some rope fish, bichirs, lemon Oscars a couple times at the Lakewood Petco.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Petsmart? or Petco?

I always thought Petsmart was a lot more rigid when it came to their stock. Seems Petco had more flexibility. I had even seen some rope fish, bichirs, lemon Oscars a couple times at the Lakewood Petco.
Petco. He once told me he could do special orders for his regular customers.

but you are correct that petsmart has different selections. And depending on location, their cichlid selection also changes!

FishBeast

That's right, they can special order anything on Liveaquaria.com for you for the online price! They can even get you any size aqueon tank!