Petsmart coupon $5 off $5 live pet purchase.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thanks! Ive been wanting to get a fancy Betta for my upstairs office. Looks like Im going to get one now!

ledieudufromage

Thank you. I don't know of any Petsmarts out here on the peninsula. I know a couple petcos and a bunch of LFS, but I think the closest Petsmart is an hour and a half away. Forwarded to my Seattle friends though.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
ledieudufromage said:
Thank you. I don't know of any Petsmarts out here on the peninsula. I know a couple petcos and a bunch of LFS, but I think the closest Petsmart is an hour and a half away. Forwarded to my Seattle friends though.
I've read reports of petco price matching the coupon, but it's purely up to each petco. If you were already going there, you might give it a try.

ledieudufromage

I've read reports of petco price matching the coupon, but it's purely up to each petco. If you were already going there, you might give it a try.
I'm not sure they would look kindly on someone coming in and saying, "Free! Give me free fish! Everyone else is doing it."

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
That's assuming you go in and only buy $5 in fish. You can always buy some food, or other product with your fish.

ledieudufromage

True, but I'm somewhat overflowing in everything except fish and plants. Hmmm, I would like to get something to make my airlines look nicer.

larry.beck

ledieudufromage said:
There is a Petsmart in Silverdale, behind the mall. Not sure how far that might be from you though. 8)

sandnuka

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! I needed a test african fish to see if my 100gal tank is ready
icon_twisted.gif

regan24

Guys, just letting you know that this coupon may not be accepted at all petsmarts. I'm trying to open the file now, but there are SO many petsmart coupons that are forged.

If I were you guys I wouldn't recommend using it, driving to Petsmart, and then having it rejected.

This is fair warning, don't be all pissed off when the cashier doesn't take the coupon.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've used it 8 times now, two different persmarts, 8 different employee cashiers. Even chatted with the guy catching my fish, he said it's fine and valid.

I am ready to pay full price, if they were to ever say no though. The least I could do. There are other fish websites that bring up the same points about the bad coupons etc. There are scans somewhere that shows the actual coupon, there was a version sent via emails and a version sent vial normal mail.

Simply put, I'll keep using it, for those of you who wish to use it, go ahead. I have no stake in it. Just thought I'd offer it to those who wanted to try the coupon out as well.

And honestly the coupon is doing it's job. I would never step foot in pet smart, without some sort of coupon like this. This is actually teaching me that their fish arn't always 100% infested with ich. I have them quarantined at home, and they actually look healthy. If they were really worried about it. they should have made it 1 use per petperks card. Cause I've used the same pet card every time.

regan24

I work at Petsmart, so I am glad to hear that you are gaining a little faith. Some stores take really good care of their fish, I know that I take pride in the work that I do.

I just wanted everyone to be careful, since I couldn't see the coupon. Normally coupons like this only go out to people with petperks cards, at least what I've noticed, but I didn't see it so I couldn't tell you for sure.

I just know that there's a LOT of hate toward petsmart and something like this could make it worse, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew the risk, I wasn't trying to undermine you in any way.

sidekicking

I still wouldn't buy any fish from petsmart
I rather support my LFS than to buy from a big chain store like petsmart or petco

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thanks again!

The coupon worked fine for me. I picked up a $5.99 crown tail betta and paid a whole $1.08. I may have to go back for something else!

Paintguy

I just used this coupon at the Petco in Issaquah and they honored it for a $9 fish & I got a nice piece of bog wood too. They don't have the best fish dept. there but I was just killing time waiting for my daughter and thought I would give it a try. Manager was very nice about it. I did ask the cashier before catching the fish.

lars on

The Silverdale petsmart will not take these as they have already marked down a good amount of their fish almost half price