Pets & Pals Pet Supply

Wolf-Keeper1

Overall experience-1

Cost-2

Quality of fish-1

Variety-0

Service-0

Probably the worse place I have been in. They were trying to sale a catfish under the name Pictus but it had none of the characteristics of a pictus cat, from the whiskers down to the color and size of the fish. I only go in there cause my kids see the puppies and want to go in after eating at a teryaki shop near by.

Anthraxx

Pets and Pals in Westgate is currently changing over staff and really cleaning house. We'll see as time goes on, but so far its worth keeping an eye on.

thefishdaddy

i like spanaway pets and pals honestly like they get some cool fish for deals in there it just depends when u go in there they had a 24" arowana for 75$ and soldfor cheaper i believe i also mainly like them is because feeders are 10 cents and its a rock throw away

Madness

Staff member
You know I've lived here 10 years and have never been to that store. I will have to stop in and take a look.

And FishDaddy, just FYI on feeders. I hope that your taking them home, quarantining them, feeding them good food, before you feed them to your fish. Feeder fish are the dirties, and biggest diseased, parasite infested fish you will find. Most stores keep them in tubes or tanks that are over crowded, under filtered, and under fed. And if they are fed, they are usually fed with the cheapest stuff out there. They carry absolutely no nutritional value.

Also, I would not feed my fish feeders. If you want your Cichlids to crave other fish as they get bigger, keep on feeding them live food. Otherwise, you may want to stop with the feeders. I have 4 of the top 10 most aggressive Cichlids all sharing the same tank, or they share a tank with other Cichlids. No aggressive attacks by any of them. I would like to think its due to how they were raised and how you feed them. Occasionally, if you have a pair of Convicts and you use their spawn as food, that's OK. BUT DON'T BUY FEEDERS AND GIVE THEM TO YOUR FISH!!!!!!..

Just trying to help.

thefishdaddy

well i guess ive messed up there i just threw them in a little 2 gal holding tank and threw some food in for em and tossed them in my tank it keeps my oscars happy but ill find a new food for them and i feed guppies to my baby arowana is that ok? but what would you suggest me feeding my oscars catfish and arowana i walked outside the other day and scooped some worms up and washed them off and they loved them lol but myoscars i believe are healthy as can be i posted pics in my thread if u havnt seen but no head pits or anything i want to try making my own food sometime soon too lol any advice on how i should go about doing that

Madness

Staff member
Well you have been lucky so far. Guppies are the same way. Just buy more feeders and quarantine them for a while and feed them well for a few weeks, if you must feed live fish. Worms are great, lots of protein. Live food is expensive, and your fish will constantly want live food, whether its feeders or tank mates. Your choice.

Mikey

Chain stores like these are hard to rate because they vary from city to city. If you do rate a store tell us which one you're talking about.

A

Anonymous

The petsnpals chain is an embaresment to fish keepers and pet owners in general, as an ex employee there I. Saw puppys come in from puppy mills that were sick, we had puppys that "lived" in the back of the shop for 4 weeks, being force fed because they we're to sick to eat until they finally died. We had on several occasions puppys and kittens die in this place. The owners are two of the most vile, money hungry, careless people I have ever met. They give incentives to employees to sell puppys. And with the puppys comes a health certificate. I worked there for about a year (part time) to support my hobby. And the number of customers that showed up complaining of there puppy dieing or being sick for the first several months of is life was large. To say a minimum of a few dozen is an understatement. They're fish selection sucks now that my friend and I know longer work there, and the staff have no idea of what fish is what. I heard them saying that a young male jag could live happily with a (african) jewel in 29 gallon for there whole life. I am very dissapointed this place is still in buisness. They have a macaw in the westgate location named magoo. Poor magoo has no idea how to fly, lives in a tiny cage, isent allowed out (unless the employees ae defying the owners) and is not given a proper diet or vet care. Oh my rating for all 5 stores (3 are now closed) is I big fat 000000000.... please be responsible pet owners and do not support this store.

Madness

Staff member
WOW :affraid: Tell us how you really feel. :D Just kiddin VW. I completely agree. Hit up the store local while it was going out of business. Was told that tops, tanks, stands were all available. Went in to but tops. Nope, cant buy unless buy the tank. So I go in to buy a tank, and nope again. Cant buy unless you buy the stand. MAKE UP YOUR F*N MIND!!! I through everything I had in my hands on the floor and walked out.

Places like this should not be allowed to stay open.

Ratlova30

I agree that each chain store should be rated by itself and not the entire chain together. Different owner and different staff.