FS Petco Dollar a Gallon sale is on now!

FishBeast

So they changed it a bit... Dollar a gallon is only up to the 29.
40B, 55 and 75 are now just half off...
Picked up a 40B for $50 since I had a 10% off coupon.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I was going to say "How often do they do this...?" but it looks like they're changing the rules instead...lol

17mars

Luckily I needed exactly a 29 gallon (or a 20 long) to fit my stand. Buzzed by Aquarium Coop this afternoon and got the sand and a few other goodies. All up and running now!
It's going to be an overflow tank for my cory babies and maybe I'll add some shrimp.

Cole

We picked up 2 - 40 gallon breeders yesterday from Petco. The guy in the fish department was very forthcoming about the sale changes as far as the 40+ gallon tanks being 50% off now. I do have to take one back though tonight, as they must have had a surplus of Marineland tanks, because one of them has the bottom brace. I wouldn't care, if the Aqueon Versa tops fit the Marineland tanks, but they don't. So, I'm going to exchange that tank for an Aqueon. Can't believe I didn't notice it right away at the store. You'd think I'd be a little more observant by now...lol. Oh, I didn't get charged the sales tax on the regular price of the tank either. So, not sure if the 50% off sale makes them have to tax on the sale price or what, but at that point it's pretty much a wash with $1 per gallon.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
We picked up 2 - 40 gallon breeders yesterday from Petco. The guy in the fish department was very forthcoming about the sale changes as far as the 40+ gallon tanks being 50% off now. I do have to take one back though tonight, as they must have had a surplus of Marineland tanks, because one of them has the bottom brace. I wouldn't care, if the Aqueon Versa tops fit the Marineland tanks, but they don't. So, I'm going to exchange that tank for an Aqueon. Can't believe I didn't notice it right away at the store. You'd think I'd be a little more observant by now...lol. Oh, I didn't get charged the sales tax on the regular price of the tank either. So, not sure if the 50% off sale makes them have to tax on the sale price or what, but at that point it's pretty much a wash with $1 per gallon.

I don't understand. You want the bottom brace -- or you don't. I would think it's a good idea???

Cole

I don't understand. You want the bottom brace -- or you don't. I would think it's a good idea???

I want the tank, where the lids I bought for them already, fit...lol. Aqueon lids don't fit inside the frame on the Marineland tanks. The frame Marineland uses is wider than the Aqueon. The bottom brace should have been my clue when I was staring at them in the store.

17mars

I also had the Aqueon lids pre-purchased. The tank was the last bit of equipment I needed.

17mars

So I was at Petco to buy cat litter (really! I had my refillable containers and everything!) And as I looked at a 20 long I was reminded of the fact that the table that the betta's 10 gallon sits on is big enough for a 20 long. So I did it. The betta doesn't know it yet but he is the possessor of a really big new home. He's an aggressive little fella and won't share his quarters so it was really over the top of me but that $1 a gallon sale is a terrible temptation.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I want the tank, where the lids I bought for them already, fit...lol. Aqueon lids don't fit inside the frame on the Marineland tanks. The frame Marineland uses is wider than the Aqueon. The bottom brace should have been my clue when I was staring at them in the store.

Sad - but understandable - how these manufacturers make their shyt special to them only....GRRR

Cole

Sad - but understandable - how these manufacturers make their shyt special to them only....GRRR

I actually wouldn't care which manufacturer they sold (we have both Aqueon and Marineland tanks). I just want them to sell the lids that correspond with the right tank. They are going to have some issues when people buy the tank and either buy the wrong lids, or are told they don't sell the right lids in the store. Clearly a mistake on someone's part. I'm just glad I was able to snag the only 2 Aqueon tanks left out of all the ones they had in stock.