Pearling?? Wait...what?! WHAT?!?!

nick_76

i would be the judge under the caveat that i would openly seek bribes! just kidding, who ever judges is gonna have a tough time with this one..

LOL!!!! I'll give you 5 skittles. THAT'S ALLS I GOTS!!! :lmfao:
Skittles%20Aww%20Yea.JPG

Lamental Jester

Seven skittles

...I've hit a snag, my moss is taking longer to grow in cause I took out my DIY co2 since I got the shrimps. The phoenix moss I got in looks all dead brown and such, which is how the first batch I got looked but eventually that got all green and pretty. I'm just now starting to see bits of green pop up in the newer batch. Gonna start lightly dosing with excel to try to speed up the process

Lamental Jester, well after all those extra plants you got from BillHN (that was supposed to go to me. *wink wink*), surely you would've gotten a huge advantage from that. Ehh? :geek:

I'll be waitin'.
woman_pointing_finger.jpg

Lamental Jester

lol, none of those are going into that tank, I stuck them all into a 20 long I just setup to grow out plant trimmings:
20long_zps06fba395.jpg

The light fixture cost me $5 at value village, put a couple $4 6500k daylight lightbulbs from QFC in there, plus the sunlight it will be getting being along the window, I figure it'll grow plants quite nicely, might add my DIY co2 as well to it

binbin9

Lamental Jester said:
lol, none of those are going into that tank, I stuck them all into a 20 long I just setup to grow out plant trimmings:
20long_zps06fba395.jpg

The light fixture cost me $5 at value village, put a couple $4 6500k daylight lightbulbs from QFC in there, plus the sunlight it will be getting being along the window, I figure it'll grow plants quite nicely, might add my DIY co2 as well to it
it's quite the jungle. What's the big Orange stem in the middle? Some kind of Ludwigia?

Lamental Jester

binbin9 said:
it's quite the jungle. What's the big Orange stem in the middle? Some kind of Ludwigia?
Hydro Corymbosa 'Stricta' actually, I got it at the auction.... It was getting choked out in the 75 so I moved a stem to the 20 (still a couple stems left in the 75 I'll move too)

Gizmo

The video of the bubble stream (not the same as pearling) indicates some cellular damage to the plants` stem. Was that taken right after you did some pruning, by chance?\

Nice pearling on the riccia though. I had some back in the day, no riccia to attempt it now. Let me know if you ever find yourself with some extra.

Gizmo: Why yes, I believe I did prune that day... come to think of it. Very cool! Thanks for the confirmation on this Gizmo!

If the Riccia ends up growing out, I'll see if I can get some for you! :)

nick_76

LJ-7 skittles, LJ? hmmm...going for quantity over quality perhaps? whats the color make up of these seven skittles?

throw in the sword at the front right corner of that tank and the win is yours...hell, ill even let you keep 6 of those skittles..

Lamental Jester

Ironically, that sword was actually suppose to go to poke... but you can blame BillHN for that :D

Yes seven, thanks to years of genetic engineering and animal testing, some say I was mad, but they will eat their words when they see my creation: brown and light brown (hey, worked for M&Ms) Mwahahahahahahahaha!

... yay science!

A

Anonymous

The anticipation of LJ's tank is making me sick. Been following both your widdle tanks & started my own widdle tank project with the help of Bill :) in a 10 gallon long metal framed tank.

A

Anonymous

Lamental Jester said:
The anticipation of getting those leopards from you is making me sick theChad! Do you need any plants for your 10 long?
You know Im not sure... I have many starters of background plants. Thinking about picking up trident Java fern. Ive never had much luck with highlight ground covers but plan on trying in this tank. Aquarium coop had a few of these ground covers, for the life of me i dont remember the names. If you have any ground cover starters I would he defiantly interested.