Pea puffer

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I almost wonder if it’s an ulcer which can be caused by a bacterial infection....

Good luck.

Also, I haven’t been on MFK in probably 6 -7 years.... do they have an app or do you have to login via computer?

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I almost wonder if it’s an ulcer which can be caused by a bacterial infection....

Good luck.

Also, I haven’t been on MFK in probably 6 -7 years.... do they have an app or do you have to login via computer?

I don’t know if MFK has an app. I just use my phone’s browser for all my internet access.
I have posted a link to the YouTube video.

Ph 7.8, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10-20
97E4719B-C45E-46FC-B180-51545075613D.jpeg

sir_keith

Legendary Member
That looks like either an adventitious infection, which you can treat, or a subdermal growth of some kind, which you cannot. Either way, I don't see much that you can do except treat the little guy with a broad-spectrum antibiotic and hope for the best. Good luck.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
99% water change today on the quarantine as the one snail I tried feeding him was dead and the water was turning milky.
Soaked frozen blood worms in fresh diced garlic and waiting to see if he eats.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
I have done 3 doses of Kanaplex. I did a 50% water change before the 3rd. The bumps on the left side look to be forming a head like a pimple. The right side did the same and appear to be healing.
He is still eating too. Doesn’t like garlic flavor though.

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Wow, been over a year with no updates to this thread. One of the smaller murder puffs is starting to show a belly line which indicates that he is a male.
I picked up some black worms a month or so ago and am finding periodic leaches which these guys destroy very heartily.
PXL_20210608_012754735.jpgPXL_20210608_013340989.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I took the liberty to crop your pic @fishguy1978… love the little pea puffer!
1DB6EA18-B2EB-4350-B66F-863CC1945549.jpeg