Paratilapia polleni/bleekeri

Knutsen1122

Does anybody have experience with this fish? I've only seen them a couple times so when I had the opportunity to get this guy I couldn't pass it up.

-Colin

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: Paratilapia polleni/bleekeri

I had both ill look for some pics

anthony

That was a great looking fish (going by the picture ) It was in my area . I was thing about snatching it up but the lack of room is what stopped me! I have a new tank to set up but I've been putting it off for two months . Nice fish!

Knutsen1122

Yeah it was a bit of a drive for me but worth it. He told me it was 5" and it ended up being 7" so.. :)

ziggyzoo

I know, always! lol but I don't think I would have had the best home for it. So i'm glad you got it :) It's super pretty, what's it like?

Knutsen1122

ziggyzoo said:
I know, always! lol but I don't think I would have had the best home for it. So i'm glad you got it :) It's super pretty, what's it like?
It's super mellow, I have it in a mixed SA/CA tank and it just fit right in. My little green terror tried to get tough with it for a day, but she finally just gave up. Haha

aaronfeeney

I have kept Bleekeri in the past, they do fit in well with SA/CA type cichlids, better than Africans, and can become a bit unruly/ aggressive. If not downright ornery, they at least hold their own with some of the more territorial cichlids.