Orange Rabbit Snails

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
They like hard water and prefer pH above 7.5. slow to reproduce. livebeareres, about 1 baby every 3 months.

clifford

I bought a group of 8 of them (yellows though, not orange) about 5 years ago. They survived a long time, and had several (5 or 6) young...but eventually all disappeared. Wish I had been able to keep them going. Fun to watch, and very pretty. I still have some of the shells...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pleco Jim

I love how beautiful they are. And how active. Mine just had there first baby. Cute little snail. I really enjoying having them.

flamechica

I saw some online about a month ago and my hubby wants me to get one. I got a mystery snail awhile back and now hubby is all about the snails. LOL!

Pleco Jim

The only negative I've discovered about the Rabbit Snails is that they eat my plants. They seem partial to swords. So I keep a corner of the tank w swords and they tend to ignore my other plants. They are my favorite species in my tank other than my L046s pleco I acquired from the co-op.

flamechica

Thanks for the info! I did not realize they liked to munch on plants. That would be a problem and would not impress me much.