November 9, GSAS meeting

Betty

Staff member
Is anyone planning to attend the November meeting to hear Barbie speak about Breeding and Keeping Loricariids? http://www.gsas.org/

I'm looking forward to it. :bounce:

flo77

protocl said:
I want more plants.
I need to partially cover the cost of my new LSS discus so I'll bring some plants(to bad they lower the limit of items). I'll bring Echinodorus vesuvius, Pogostemon Erectum, Blyxa japonica, Eichornia diversifolia and Hygrophila bihar or Eleocharis parvula(dwarf hair grass). Happy biding!

cafman

I'm planning to attend but will likely be late to the meeting. I really hope the post the video online so I can watch what i missed.
Hoping to see plants and shrimp at the auction.
cafman

F.Banks

How long do the lectures usually last? I have to work the next day and will have to take
3 buses. As I'm new at fish keeping I need to learn, plus I've been looking at Plecos a lot!
Thanks a lot!

Betty

Staff member
Posted on CL:

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to sponsor a free lecture on Plecostomus and Loricariids by the "Pleco Queen", Barbie Fiorentino of Aquarium Solutions in Spokane. Barbie is an avid hobbyist and currently maintains about 1600 gallons of water in 28 tanks in her home and about 2600 gallons in the store. She keeps and raises many rare Plecos and her presentation will cover differences in dietary needs, caves, water parameters, shapes of mouth structure, collection locales, and how that all relates to spawning. .

The lecture will be next Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 at 7:30PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West

Doors will open around 7:10PM; the meeting will start at about 7:30PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Open to the public, no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building, no furry or feathered pets
Go to GSAS.ORG for more information and directions

I don't know how long the lecture will last, I've only been to a couple of meetings, but I'd say about an hour or so. If you leave before the auction, it shouldn't be too late.

F.Banks

Anyone willing to share a ride to GSAS Pleco Lecture? The timing from when I get off work
and the beginning of the meeting won't work. I would certainly and happily share gas cost.

I live in N. Lynnwood off 99 on the S. side of Lk. Serene and would try to make as easy for you
as I can. Thanks for any consideration! Dave