Non-Kinking Water Changing Hose?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
PokeSephiroth said:
I'm willing to pay 99 bucks for a hundred footer. :-3
Thats pretty much the going rate. Might be able to find a 10% off coupon with free shipping or something but that is the price they go for.  :( 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
If you get it from Kensfish online and use Coupon code: ECC10% you will be given a 10% off discount for East Coast Cichlid members. Also free ground shipping, so $89.99!

dwarfpike

Might be too late, but have you thought about those large trash bins on wheels? We used to use them when I worked at a matienence company. Holds 30 gallons, can use two ... one for letting the water age and bring it up to temp with spare heaters, the other to drain. A small sump pump in the new water one makes adding water to the tanks easy peasy.

MorganEA

dwarfpike said:
Might be too late, but have you thought about those large trash bins on wheels? We used to use them when I worked at a matienence company. Holds 30 gallons, can use two ... one for letting the water age and bring it up to temp with spare heaters, the other to drain. A small sump pump in the new water one makes adding water to the tanks easy peasy.
That's a great idea! wouldn't work on carpet though. I just got one of the aqueon water changers and it is so nice not having to lug buckets around!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I want to find a way I can mount a hose reel to the wall and wind up a hose. The problem I run into, like in my garden lets say, you need to let the water leave the hose as it winds up? That'd be lots of water on my shop floor.

The only thing I can think of is a Y at the sink and open a portion there as I reel it in and have the valve closed at the end of the hose.

KaraWolf

You could drag your end of the hose back to the reel and plop it in a bucket. That way when you wind it all the hose water goes in the bucket. You do end up with one bucket of water but thats better then a million.....

MRTom

Aquarium Co-Op said:
I want to find a way I can mount a hose reel to the wall and wind up a hose. The problem I run into, like in my garden lets say, you need to let the water leave the hose as it winds up? That'd be lots of water on my shop floor.

The only thing I can think of is a Y at the sink and open a portion there as I reel it in and have the valve closed at the end of the hose.
If you can close the output side of the hose, why wouldn't you close it, walk it over to the sink and hang it over the edge, open it there, and then reel it in while draining all the water into the sink? No Y needed that way.

Edit:
Aaand I just read Kara's reply! ;) Yeah, same thing, but no bucket :)