Ninja Pleco

sandnuka

Ok, this guy came from a tank I got with a bunch of fish.... I didnt even know he existed, sad thing is I did a 100% water change when he was in there, and I had no idea. But, he lived... and a few months later, I noticed him.... lol... thats why I call him ninja pleco.... he is pretty cool looking.... but, what is he? just a albino? any guesses?
orange10.jpg

Doza

dont know the size.. but looks to me as a female bristlenose.. Has some interesting white dots on it tho,.. could be a reg albino pleco to i guess..

Kingstature

Looks like a common Albino, However really nice coloring like the albino Bristle nose... This guy was lost in your 55 somewhere?

sandnuka

Lol, I am gonna grow this lil' guy out.... he/she has already been thru allot.... I ouw him a happy life after that.

Kingstature - I picked up a 46gal bowfront with some fish in it already.... cleaned it out, but kept the substrate.... the guy I got it from rarely ever vacummed his sub, so the 100% waterchange and filter change caused an ammonia spike and killed all the lufubu that i put in there :( ..... anyway.... this lil' guy went thru it all.... survived the 100% water change (cause I didnt know he/she was in there) and the ammonia spike. Popped out like a ninja a month later... lol

sandnuka

me said:
TR6 would likely know for sure Sandnuka ;)
Gonna have to go visit my ol' friends over there at the fronts.com huh? lol.... k... ive been meanin to drop by and give them a howdy, things have just been crazy with this forum takin off.

me

You're guys and girls are doing a great job with this forum Sandnuka SERIOUSLY! This is now in my top three favorite forums, just wish I had more free time to read everyones posts.

sandnuka

alright.... the experts have told me this...

"Albino short fin bushynose/bristlenose, Ancistrus sp.

The albino bushynose is a mixture of unknown Ancistrus species, thus it can't have a species name, so it is simply....

Ancistrus sp."

had a couple people agree with it too... so this is what I am thinking! thanks all!

A

Anonymous

It's some kind of nuclear submarine for tiny aliens..trust me on this one.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I concur, it's a Albino bristlenose pleco, or ABN for short. I breed these at my house also.

Doza

Doza said:
dont know the size.. but looks to me as a female bristlenose.. Has some interesting white dots on it tho,.. could be a reg albino pleco to i guess..
Hmmm.. Wow 3 posts agreeing with me.. albino bristlenose and its probably a female.. I wonder how much longer this post will become... :face:

sandnuka

Alright... so we obviously figured out what it is... well what everyone thinks it is..... What i dont get is why its still so small.... I have had it for probably 4-5 months... and its grew maybe 1/2"..... so maybe 2 1/2" in length now.... Are these just super slow growing plecos? never had anything but a common, and he got big fast.

sandnuka

jeeeez... that is slow growing.... 1/2 inch in 4-5 months..... cause it was only a baby at 2", think entering juvinile age it should have a bigger spurt than a 1/2 inch in a 1/2 year. But, they could live a 100 years.. I know nothing about these guys.. lol

I guess Im just used to like cichlids that grow 2"-3" every six months unti lthere full grown in a yr and a half..

Doza

yea bristlnoses dont grow quick.. they are so slow that you dont notice untill one day it smacks you and you realize and notice how much they have grown.. If it has grown that slowly it is just a albino bristlenose like i first thought and it should be a female.. and that size males already are showing some sign of bristles..

Betty

Staff member
Sandnuka, are you feeding it anything special or does it just eat the algae and whatever leftovers it can scrounge? I find that mine grow faster when they are in tanks that I can feed them without competition from other fish. In tanks with other fish they are slow growers though -- everything I try to sneak in for them gets eaten by the others. :x (Think I'll post pics of my plecos next...)

larry.beck

Yes, BN are much slower and will never get very big - I believe they only reach 4-5" total length. But the big advantage - they continue to devour algae their entire life, and they don't become poop machines like their bigger cousins.