newbie affican cichlid lover

vaquero

iandraco said:
my sister in Spokane has some rusty Juveniles that she will send me home with when I go visit her soon. Hopefully a mating pair.

if you get rustys from spokane they are probably offspring from my group.  as far as i know i'm the only rusty breeder in the area.  hope you like them.
maybe not sure where she got the adults I'll ask her. Are you a private seller or fish store owner

vaquero

iandraco said:
my sister in Spokane has some rusty Juveniles that she will send me home with when I go visit her soon. Hopefully a mating pair.

if you get rustys from spokane they are probably offspring from my group.  as far as i know i'm the only rusty breeder in the area.  hope you like them.
maybe not sure where she got the adults I'll ask her. Are you a private seller or fish store owner

vaquero

iandraco said:

she said she got them from a gal in Spokane. She sent me home with two juvenile rusty and three babies hopefully I get a mating pair.

master chi

Well I hope its more than a pair because they don't typically do well in pairs. Of the 5 rusties you received,I hope for you to get 4 females out of the group. That would be ideal

vaquero

master chi said:
Well I hope its more than a pair because they don't typically do well in pairs. Of the 5 rusties you received,I hope for you to get 4 females out of the group. That would be ideal
I have two juveniles and four fry about 3/4" long. So out of the five, I should(hopefully) get a mating pair. Fingers are crossed! I also got a like sized fry that we're not sure what it is. It has the appearance of a pale Demasoni so we're thinking it is a mix between an albino and a demasoni cichlid since it is light in color and she does have two male albinos in her tank a long with the demasoni female. As it gets bigger I'll post some pictures to let someone help in identifying it.

Anthraxx

if you need anymore rusties dont hesitate to msg me (currently selling some fry off) also welcome to the site. theres quite a few african keepers these days so plenty of folks to give you good info (myself included) have a great day and dont give in to the temptation of SA/ca. shrump are okay in my book tho :p

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome, if you are ever in the sound sound, and would like a few more Africans, I can hook you up. I have about 35-40 total Africans (even though I'm a CA/SA guy) with them being a few different types of mbuna. Again, welcome

vaquero

Anthraxx said:
if you need anymore rusties dont hesitate to msg me (currently selling some fry off) also welcome to the site. theres quite a few african keepers these days so plenty of folks to give you good info (myself included) have a great day and dont give in to the temptation of SA/ca. shrump are okay in my book tho :p
just got rid of two large bumblebees and one demasoni to petco. Too big so this way I have room for more smaller fish Rustys included. I also reduced my bio load for the time being.