newbie affican cichlid lover

vaquero

Hello everyone just found your forum and am quite excited to find Washingtonians here. I have a 75 gallon tank with African cichlids about 20 with some yellow lab fry on the way. Hopefully through this site I can find a few good LFS in my area.

A

Anonymous

Welcome vaquero,

There are a few LFS in your immediate area that have African Cichlids. Bridges Pet has an extensive selection of Lake Africans. I believe Jones Pet has a few as well. Aquarium CoOp I believe has a few W African species. You could head over to the E Side to Denny's Pet World in Kirkland. They have a wall of tanks dedicated to African cichlids.

vaquero

fishNAbowl said:
Welcome vaquero,

There are a few LFS in your immediate area that have African Cichlids. Bridges Pet has an extensive selection of Lake Africans. I believe Jones Pet has a few as well. Aquarium CoOp I believe has a few W African species. You could head over to the E Side to Denny's Pet World in Kirkland. They have a wall of tanks dedicated to African cichlids.
Thanks I have been to bridges they are really expensive. Jones and co I have Been to also. I did just find a new shop in Conway that has a lot of cichlids and other things in tanks. Nice guy operates it. Went go aquarium co-op but he didn't have what I was looking for. Never gone to the east side have to do that.
Thanks for the suggestions I am looking for that one "special" African cichlid to put in my tank.

A

Anonymous

The fish store in Conway is interesting to say the lest lol. If you head a little further north there is another awesome fish store. It's called Clark's Feed & Seed in Bellingham.

Bridges IS very expensive!

InfamousRedlineZ

Love Africans! Welcome! There's a few great place for them but if your also interested in check my FS thread I have some killer deals. Again welcome

master chi

Welcome to the FishBox!! Happy to see more cichlid enthusiasts.I think there is a little running joke about us African Cichlid keepers here. Just something that I noticed when I 1st joined. But you will without a doubt be welcomed here,and treated respectfully. Lots of cool fish keepers on this site,It keeps me opening up to the home page 1st thing everyday...

CrazedAce

Welcome, vaquero! There are quite a bit of African cichlid hobbyists on this forum, myself included. I would almost guarantee that you will find that one "special" African on this site. I myself breed a certain variety, and I know there are others that breed them as well. So if you wait a few months you may not have to go to a LFS. :D

Anthraxx

Welcome vaquero: look no further, my signature has all my available fry atm. not 100% on selling the rusties as id like to keep them in my big tank possibly. also as others have said its nice to have more african fans these days. we seem to be in short supply :(

vaquero

Anthraxx said:
Welcome vaquero: look no further, my signature has all my available fry atm. not 100% on selling the rusties as id like to keep them in my big tank possibly. also as others have said its nice to have more african fans these days. we seem to be in short supply :(
my sister in Spokane has some rusty Juveniles that she will send me home with when I go visit her soon. Hopefully a mating pair. I just stripped my yellow lab today and got 15 healthy fry. I have them in a ten gallon and when they get big enough, they'll be on craigslist for about three bucks a piece I think. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

vaquero

InfamousRedlineZ said:
Love Africans! Welcome! There's a few great place for them but if your also interested in check my FS thread I have some killer deals. Again welcome
what's FS Thread

iandraco

my sister in Spokane has some rusty Juveniles that she will send me home with when I go visit her soon. Hopefully a mating pair.

if you get rustys from spokane they are probably offspring from my group. as far as i know i'm the only rusty breeder in the area. hope you like them.