New to the forum wanted to intro Our bettas Casper and Flower

czeiszler

So I am new to the forum and there is so much info. I wanted to intro our bettas the red one is casper and the black one is a female crowntail named Flower. We love our bettas. We got both of them from Bridges Pets in Snohomish and we are happy with them. Flower currently resides in a 29 gallon tank with guppies, tetras, a frog, snail, and a common pleco. She is very happy. Casper is in a 1 gal cube at the moment as we are trying to get his 2.5 up and running and ran into a problem with the rocks leaking color. He should be in his new home by tomorrow. I think I got their pics uploaded right but we will see.
08112012.jpg
08112014.jpg

VsKitchen

Very nice. I've been thinking of getting a betta. What tetras do you have with Flower? And do you find the longer fins on the guppies to be a problem with nipping?

Fyurae

Some bettas can be problematic with other fish, and some arent. One of mine is a huge VT and his reaction to tank mates is to sulk. My other betta is a smaller DT and he is quite ornery, so I wouldn't put him in with guppies or smaller fish. He is kind of a punk to the gouramis right now, but they are so much bigger and it's temporary.

czeiszler

VsKitchen said:
Very nice. I've been thinking of getting a betta. What tetras do you have with Flower? And do you find the longer fins on the guppies to be a problem with nipping?
I got my betta from Bridges Pets and she was in with other bettas and tetras. I currently have her with neons and whiteclouds and she is very happy and I have not seen her nip any guppy fins but I have seen her muscle them outta the way to get to food. She is going to be relocated to a 10 gallon with casper with a divider. Sorry this post took so long don't know how I missed the previous posts.

protocl

I enjoyed having a Betta; it was a little lazy - just chill, wait for food, chill some more. But, it would swim in and out of my palm, which I thought was really niice.

czeiszler

Seras Betta chases my hand its so funny. They have great personalities. They are lazy too though. My MIL's betta lays on a rock all day until someone comes near his tank

F.Banks

Bettas seem to laze around, conserve energy for their main purpose of eating. Nice looking
Bettas and I haven't been to Bridges in so long. No vehicle ATM.

czeiszler

Too True they are lazy lol and they like their food. Bridges is nice i am sure i could go to petco or petsmart and save a dollar or two but Bridges staff are knowledgable and friendly. and they don't lie if they don't know they go find someone who might know.

F.Banks

Petco actually is coming up with some decent and full compliment of Bettas. Even HM's, Deltas and HMPK's. They had a Green Lace Delta which I missed out on that had beautiful fins.

You just have to take into account the care they recieve and some stores are better than others.