New tank set up

lilfishie

Well, I got rid of that tall 60 gal tank and here is the new 54 gal. Everyone made it thru the transition just fine. Helix, The marine betta was a little upset for a while but he is venturing out now and eating. Mattie, the sebae clown fish is backand forth all over. I'm going to have to start fragging corals and moving some to this new tank.
DSC05413.jpg

DSC05410.jpg

sandnuka

wow! looks absolutly gorgeous! why no sand??? puttin thoughs rocks onthe bottom glass with no substrate didnt scare ya?!

lilfishie

sandnuka said:
wow! looks absolutly gorgeous! why no sand??? puttin thoughs rocks onthe bottom glass with no substrate didnt scare ya?!
Yeah, set things down very carfully. The other two tanks have sand. I decided to go bare bottom on this one for a while. We'll see. I have sand for it if I decide to add it.

lilfishie

I think I am going to go to Tap Plastics and get a couple pieces of black plexy to put on the back sides so you cant see the wiring and the walls.

icer711

why dont you just paint it other than its all ready full? or get some vinyl instead of plastic it would probaly save you a couple of bucks to... on that note theres a tap plastics on this side?

lilfishie

icer711 said:
why dont you just paint it other than its all ready full? or get some vinyl instead of plastic it would probaly save you a couple of bucks to... on that note theres a tap plastics on this side?
Those pieces from Tap isn't too expensive. Its also not permanent. I dont like painting the tanks. Too hard to get it off if I ever want to take it off. The thin black acyrlic or plastic works good.