1) 2 in dwarf green pike
2) 1.5 in Angel fish
5) 2 in Giant Danios
5) 1.5 in black tetras
3) 1 in tiger barbs
2) 2 in Rosy barbs
1) 1.5 in Golden Algae Eater
4) 4 in silver dollars

Does anyone see any problems with this stock? I'd love to find a female dwarf pike. I think there is room for more schooling fish but I like how the fish look in there they seem to have a lot of room I don't really want to add more. Any feedback?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome to the forum!

I would replace the Golden Algae eater with something milder. As it grows it likely will become aggressive. What about a bristlenosed pleco instead?

I have had silver dollars in the past and while I love the look of them, I found them way to skittish and would say go with something else that stays a little smaller.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
For fun Ive always recommended playing with this site: http://aqadvisor.com

Not 100% accurate or even have all types of fish but can be helpful to determine stock levels and adequate filtration.

attachment.php

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Cant tell from the picture but looks like the SD'd are the spotted type which will stay smaller so might not be as obnoxious when they spaz out. Seeing lots of activity in the middle region, might be interesting to liven things up a bit on top with a school of hatchets or an African butterfly fish. Good looking tank!

thanks for the feedback, my silver dollars are very skittish, I think they are traumatized they were chased by a trimac for a year and now I just finally changed the tank to a community style. I do like the way the silver dollars look but maybe I could get rid of them and and more to the school of danios or tetras. I really like the golden algae eater but I do read that they will get big.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Cant tell from the picture but looks like the SD'd are the spotted type which will stay smaller so might not be as obnoxious when they spaz out. Seeing lots of activity in the middle region, might be interesting to liven things up a bit on top with a school of hatchets or an African butterfly fish. Good looking tank!

as long as you have a secure lid. They are suicidal fish.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
On the old site you were 'singsalot' instead of canary? I remember a trimac.

You could do a community with a couple easy going larger fish like severums...

I love having a community tank, granted mine are a bit bigger but the mix of fish has always interested me.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Trimac doing well, though he doesn't have any red coloring yet

On an un related topic, I lost my big trimac... He swallowed some gravel and it caused him to die. I was devastated! I hope the one I got from you colors up...... But now my small trimac 4" male is getting some nice color like my old big one