New Pleco added to our tank

Stopped in to visit Barbie @ Aquarium Solutions and found a pleco we've been looking for. This is an L-091 in all his glory:

L091Leprocanthus.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I'm pretty sure Madness has one of these too :)
Thats why I have my rhino still, just because its one pleco he does not own.... yet ;)

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I'm completely jealous of people who get new plecos I would love to have a tank of them and this three beacon is awesome. I have one sailfin and she has fought before with a common pleco and I had to separate them. I wish I could put a cool looking one in with her.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Very cool little three beacon pleco you have there wi_fishguy, thanks for sharing the pic. I like how he has those extra orange spots in his dorsal fin.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I have looked into those, I just unfortunately don't have room for any more plecos now. My sailfin resides in my 75 gallon and I have bristlenose breeding in my 30. My breeding angels kill anything in their tank to protect their fry. That leaves my brackish. I don't think there are any plecos that do well in brackish?

dwarfpike

So I looked them up on Planet Catfish ... it looks like they keep the beacons but not the nice dark contrasting body coloration as they get bigger?