new planted dwarf mbuna tank

A

Anonymous

87ffc2db.jpg

There it is, water is perfect, crystal clear and ready to go. Today, I add plants and fishuses.

Pics will follow..oh yes, they will follow.

A

Anonymous

So far, the fish choice is either P.demasoni or P.saulosi, we'll see what I come across!

larry.beck

If you want to do Ps. Demasoni you'll need to get at least 12 to start, and assume you'll have some casualties as they reach maturity. They're wonderful fish, but they do like to fight with each other. Parker's big tank is centered around a colony of them with yellow labs, rusties and acei's to compliment. Every core species in that tank is now spawning regularly. :D

A

Anonymous

Kind of ruled out the Demasoni at this point. Gonna go with the Saulosi.

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking one male and 3 or 4 females..then plantzorz!!!

sandnuka

I found a bunch of demansi at LFS near my house.... look absolutly gorgeous.... 10.99 each though... not cheap :)

How long you have water in that bad boy?? its already cycled?? did You use fish to cycle it faster?? The HOB already was in your other tank?? It really looks awesome, but still has air bubbles on the glass, thats why I ask, maybe you just did a big water change?

A

Anonymous

SAnd, the tank has been cycled, used old HOB media and had just done a warter and partial substrate change. Now. I went and got 4 nice Vals from Alex at Midway and 2 really nice swords. Then I called Kevin at A Place for Pets in Burien and asked if he had any Saulosi. Turns out he had some from a pair of WC parents, his personal fish at home. He sold me 10 of the Saulosi for $33. So, I have 10 beautiful F1 Saulosi babies acclimating right now. Here are a few pictures

3db4f6be.jpg

adf47f05.jpg

47061093.jpg

Gonna be awesome once I get my rocks in there!

A

Anonymous

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/ersic4W-chM" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

These little buggers are AWESOME SAUCE!!!

sandnuka

I love how they all start out yellow, then males turn blue as they get older..... this will make it easy to get a good male female ratio.... Not allot of hiding spots in the tank though? not puttin any rocks/caves? And what a great price for them!! I cant believe the deals you keep walkin into. Think your walkin proof of karma... do allot of good things for peeps, and get hooked up right back!

How long you been runnin that tank?? I just dont want the same thing to happen to you that happened to my lufubu, I jumped the gun on a tank, killed everyone :( ... stupid ammonia

Betty

Staff member
Great deal on those saulosi and love the look of the tank. Is this going to be their permanent home or is it a growout tank? The reason I ask is that I am sitting here looking at some I have growing out in a 29 gallon and the chasing is getting pretty nasty. I'm going to have to move them to the 60 gallon with their parents and the rest of the group soon. Mine are nasty little things. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

Sand, tank has been up a week. Started with water and media from the 180. Levels have been perfect for a week. The rainbows were in there for about 4 days too. There will be rocks and caves, just waiting on my rocks. They will live in there until they get too much and then I will keep some in there and set up another tank for them. See in the video how they play tag? Funnay as hell.

sandnuka

Oh, you should definetly be fine then...... I did the same EXACT thing in my 20gal planted soil tank.... Didnt have any ammonia at all....

A

Anonymous

I went to A Place For Pets late yesterday to get a few items and Kevin mentioned he was on the site and saw my video of the Saulosi. They have a big sale coming up next weekend. I'll be there grabbing a few items.

A

Anonymous

I tell you, the more I look at this tank, the more I wonder why I was afraid of plants. My Indian Red Swords have new leaves opening up already! And the little Saulosi are playing in the leaves!