New pics, Colony and Fry : )

censeoflife

New picture of the layout, I have added so many rocks. lol
09070010.jpg

Good shot of the dominant male, got one other just beginning to color
09070011.jpg

Here he is eating some delicious seaweed. mmmm yummy!
09070012.jpg

Kind of a group shot.
09090010.jpg

Fry shot.
09070013.jpg

another Fry -- This guys is almost half an inch already. Living at the top of the tank seems to help.
09110010.jpg

This is one of my typical fry hides. I have several small piles of 2" river rock where the females can spit. The females keep hiding algae wafers in these fry caves. Pretty awesome.
09070014.jpg

Mikey

Wow, you are seriously doing a great job. You got that dominant male from me right? It had to be at the beginning of summer? Dang, well nice work!!! Tank and fish look great and healthy!! :cheers:

Spyral

Looks good! If you are looking for some F1 Saulosi, let me know. My guys are just beginning to color up and I will be cutting down to 4 fish soon. I have 10. I'm gonna keep the dominant male and 3 or 4 females.

Betty

Staff member
Wow, tank and fish look nice. I was amazed at how many of mine were males. It seems like every time I removed one, two more would color up. :lol:

censeoflife

Yeah I take all them rocks out half the tank at a time to vacuum the sand. I am gonna make a flexy suction thingy to solve that though. Although I do learn something about how to stack the rocks for their use each time.

censeoflife

It does, I wont be screwin with em for a bit though cause the fry are all over the place. I really do need to make a flexi vac.

larry.beck

Hey Spy, keep me in mind when you go to cut down your colony, I'm looking to put some F1's in my show tank as well.

Cense, that's one seriously nice looking tank, and the saulosi are obviously enjoying it! :)

censeoflife

Updated shot with about all the dang rocks I think well fit. left side
09130010.jpg

right side
09130011.jpg

So as of last night I have about 6 fry living in various places around the tank. Most of them are still living in the lil piles of rock. The rest have moved into cracks between rocks or in them. Thanks for all the compliments. You guys are awesome.