new pick up

shua

new pick up

this fish is famous in the evertt area lets see if some one can guess main hint is its BIG

sonnys503

Re: new pick up

If it s a Pickup, I'd 2nd the guess that's the tie F350. If it's a aquarium, I would guess the 750G 10X4X2.5. Come on post pics already!!! otherwise it's another useless thread without pictures, :)

Ashley

Okay here we go!!! Rescued him from Pet pourii's 120 gal that he was in. As you can see he has gashes where the plecos were sucking on him! He makes our tank looks small haha

00811.jpg

02510.jpg

03010.jpg

that is an awesome eel ,i paid it a visit myself.i was told it was unusual to get that big.

you guys are driving me crazy with the big tanks,

nice eel

hbluehunter

SWEET pick up guys.. I would have thought about it but i thought it was NFS.. :( Glad it went to a good home, make sure you have tight fitting lids on that tank so he doesn't escape..

Ashley

Yeah we just asked him how much they were trying to sell him for and they said free to someone with a 300+ gallon tank. So we took him! Our lid just kind of sits on the top of the tank, do you think he can get out of it? The tank is 6x6 and the lid is like 3x3 if that makes sence so it's just a smaller hole in the top it doesn't go out to the edges of the tank.

Spyral

I would get something to cover the entire tank. Eels are craftty and can get out of (and into) almost anything. When I had a few I found them on the floor a few times. Luckily, never fatal, but it forced me to secure the tank.

hbluehunter

Ok not sure what the Heck is going on with the site, I can no longer post anything from my computer , so I'm trying my phone now..
The reply box is totally different and after I type something after I hit send it just disappears.. :(
If I were you I'd get a full lid for sure, they are notorious for getting out if there is any opening for them.

Ashley

Yeah the lid covers the entire opening on the top, but is just sitting there it isn't secured down. We had a little tire track eel that would always get into our intake for the canister and the overflow for the sump it was crazy.

hbluehunter

Yea not sure what's up.. It just erases my whole message and says " you must enter a message when posting"

sonnys503

Big eels aren't mischievous to where it's fatal, the eel will only venture to where it can reach it's sensor nose to, unless threaten or uncomfortable it will stay put, especially big eels! I see a worm bin in your future, :) get some of the large 6" (bigger it looks like) PVC pipes, black ones will need to be tied down but white one do not need to (home depot). If you ever need to rehome the eel, shoot me a pm, I know someone dieing to 2 get a monster eel. Great "pick up" btw! Fat and healthy!

Ashley

Thanks! Yeah I was wondering about the PVC but I was thinking I've never seen PVC that big. he is I bet about 6" if not more thick. I couldn't wrap my hands around his whole body that's for sure. I don't think it's healthy for him to be this over weight. I know someone with a Eel about this long and is WAY more thin. We are going to try to limit his food for now but it's kind of hard when we have to feed the whole tank at once.

The people that had him before Pet Pourii were feeding him 6oz of blood worms every day, that is so bad. Blood worms are not nutritious and just endless calories and fat.