New Member from Shoreline/Seattle

Stingro

Just came across this forum by looking up what ever happened to Aquarist World. The owner Michael was a mentor and friend of mine growing up since I was a teen. I was very into the hobby back then and recently got back into it after more than half a decade out of it. I now live in the Shoreline area and would like to meet people who are also in this same hobby. I also want to learn where are all the good tropical fish stores now a days.

I've been going to Aquarium Co Op in Edmonds, The Fish Store at Lake City, and even as far as Midway at DeMoines and Fish Emporium down at Lakewood.

I'm a freshwater aquarium enthusiast. I like all kinds from livebearers to monsters like Endlicheri. At the moment I have 3 tanks set up.

75 gallon houses my school of clown loaches, pair of archerfish, pair of madagascar rainbows, a few clown plecos, a young flying fox, a med size algae eater and a very fat yoyo loach orphan.

My 140 gallon is home to my monster fishes, my endlicheris, delhezi, arowana, flowerhorn male & female, flagtail and my young sting ray.

My 45 gallon has my flowerhorn babies and some pleco.

Anybody around the Shoreline area???? Interested in trades, selling or buying?

Loren

Welcome to the forum. Yes, there are several of us close to you. I live in Mill Creek and like you took an extended break from the hobby before jumping back in last winter. You will find the forum to being sometimes very active to other times quite quiet. Summer seems to be the slow season. I wish you all the best in the hobby.

Stingro

Welcome to the forum. Yes, there are several of us close to you. I live in Mill Creek and like you took an extended break from the hobby before jumping back in last winter. You will find the forum to being sometimes very active to other times quite quiet. Summer seems to be the slow season. I wish you all the best in the hobby.

Hi Loren!

Tell me about your set up and pets. Looks like clown loaches are one of your favorites too?

Loren

Clown loaches are my favorite but don't have any right now :(.

What I have is:

- Puffer nano tank
- Endler & Betta nano tank
- Fry raising nano tank
- 12 gallon goldfish tank
- Two 20 gallon long tanks housing Hasbrosus/shrimp
- 29 gallon pleco/shrimp tank
- 46 gallon bow front community tank
- 75 gallon split breeding tank with guppies and gold mountain fish (adding 2 different bristlenose soon)

There is a forum that someone started in the lounge called "Who are you" were you can find out some more info. on our members.

Stingro

Clown loaches are my favorite but don't have any right now :(.

What I have is:

- Puffer nano tank
- Endler & Betta nano tank
- Fry raising nano tank
- 12 gallon goldfish tank
- Two 20 gallon long tanks housing Hasbrosus/shrimp
- 29 gallon pleco/shrimp tank
- 46 gallon bow front community tank
- 75 gallon split breeding tank with guppies and gold mountain fish (adding 2 different bristlenose soon)

There is a forum that someone started in the lounge called "Who are you" were you can find out some more info. on our members.
Very nice. Betta are my favorite and first every fish but I do not have any at the moment. I forgot to mention my 5 gallon tank, home to my blue and cherry shrimps, snail and a few guppies.

thanks I will look that forum up.

L190

I believe the owner of aquarist world open a new store in federal way called aquarium and garden. He is a really nice guy.

Stingro

I believe the owner of aquarist world open a new store in federal way called aquarium and garden. He is a really nice guy.
What!? Wow! Reall?! Good to know and thanks a ton for letting me know. I will look it up and go there tomorrow!

Madness

Staff member
Yes, Mike does own Aquarium and Garden in Fed Way. And welcome to the box. I also raise several species of Bichir, loaches, Plecos and various North American Cichlids. My favorite are my Amph and Festae collection

ziggyzoo

Hello! I Live in kenmore on the edge of Lake forest park! My favorite fish stores are: little Amazon, the fish store, dennys pet world (not sure how good it is now that they moved), co-op, and bridges in snohomish. I also went to puyallup fish emporium once and that was pretty cool (if your into big fish, like I am). I used to like Sierra fish and pets in Renton but the prices have gone up to a ridiculous amount for fish not in the best shape. I have kept all kinds of fish. Clown loaches are a favorite and I have a crew of them currently :)

Last edited:

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Welcome! I keep many of the same fish you do. If you are ever down my way ( puyallup) and are looking for specific types of cichlids , let me know I'm always in the mood to wheel and deal.

Stingro

So I went and drove all the way to Federal Way to check out Aquarium and Garden Tuesday morning. I got there at 9:30, a bit too early so I shop around Walmart next door for a bit. I got to Aquarium and Garden right before 10am. They are suppose to be open at 10am.....about half an hour later, it was still closed. I couldn't waste any more time there so I headed to Midway Pet Store 15 minutes south on highway 99. Very disappointed, I was looking forward to catching up with Mike.

Stingro

Welcome! I keep many of the same fish you do. If you are ever down my way ( puyallup) and are looking for specific types of cichlids , let me know I'm always in the mood to wheel and deal.
Very cool, I'm always down to talk trade or buy/sell. What do you want and have?

Loren

So I went and drove all the way to Federal Way to check out Aquarium and Garden Tuesday morning. I got there at 9:30, a bit too early so I shop around Walmart next door for a bit. I got to Aquarium and Garden right before 10am. They are suppose to be open at 10am.....about half an hour later, it was still closed. I couldn't waste any more time there so I headed to Midway Pet Store 15 minutes south on highway 99. Very disappointed, I was looking forward to catching up with Mike.

I read the same on Yelp about a Seattle LFS. Someone went at the opening time listed and waited, waited and waited and then finally left. Sorry about your bad luck.

Welcome. im mike im across the water here in Bremerton. been in to fish for along time also. so im trying to figure out if im a hoarder hahaha. i have a 500 gal koi and goldfish holding pond till i make in-ground pond, 125 gal has 1 striped sleeper goby.( Dormitator maculatus his name is tony if anyone can find me more much appreciated) found on east coast for like $5 real small but they want $65 to ship crazy i tell ya . 17 clown loaches , 2 tire track and 1 fire eels, 3 dojos about 11" that like to be pet and held in the water , 1 koi male angle fish begging for a mate,2 pink kissers, 2 Senegal bichirs, a large common pleco. 80 gal has 12 bumble bee gobys, 3 breeding bristle nose plecos 1 chocolate female and 1 albino female and a very tired albino male. they seem to want to mate same time so egg pile gets really big. kuhli loachs, corys, zebra loachs school of neons 10 female bettas. 45 bow 8 juvenile dojo . 40 long 5 axolotls. 20 gal 2 wild type angles and about 100 or so baby's free swiming for about 5 days now. 20 gal guppys, mollys and babys used for food, 20 or so baby plecos just gave away 50+ and finally 20 male Betta's. now some might say i have a problem, i tell them only problem is i need more room ,tanks,and fish. ok i have a problem and admitting it is half the battle. my first love is the clowns, and now i also really love the gobys. pis of tanks to come soon. again welcome

Loren

Welcome to the forum. And also thanks for making my addiction to the hobby look like child's play compared to yours. ;)

Stingro

Welcome. im mike im across the water here in Bremerton. been in to fish for along time also. so im trying to figure out if im a hoarder hahaha. i have a 500 gal koi and goldfish holding pond till i make in-ground pond, 125 gal has 1 striped sleeper goby.( Dormitator maculatus his name is tony if anyone can find me more much appreciated) found on east coast for like $5 real small but they want $65 to ship crazy i tell ya . 17 clown loaches , 2 tire track and 1 fire eels, 3 dojos about 11" that like to be pet and held in the water , 1 koi male angle fish begging for a mate,2 pink kissers, 2 Senegal bichirs, a large common pleco. 80 gal has 12 bumble bee gobys, 3 breeding bristle nose plecos 1 chocolate female and 1 albino female and a very tired albino male. they seem to want to mate same time so egg pile gets really big. kuhli loachs, corys, zebra loachs school of neons 10 female bettas. 45 bow 8 juvenile dojo . 40 long 5 axolotls. 20 gal 2 wild type angles and about 100 or so baby's free swiming for about 5 days now. 20 gal guppys, mollys and babys used for food, 20 or so baby plecos just gave away 50+ and finally 20 male Betta's. now some might say i have a problem, i tell them only problem is i need more room ,tanks,and fish. ok i have a problem and admitting it is half the battle. my first love is the clowns, and now i also really love the gobys. pis of tanks to come soon. again welcome

Very nice stable of aqua pets. I just gave away 3 adult angel fish. One a female who laid eggs out of nowhere. Nice 17 clown loaches. Who doesn't love those guys.

Are you breeding betta? I used to breed betta but moved on to cichlids.