new istlanum and black belt.

A

Anonymous

Check out my new fish!!!

First the istlanum, its about 3" and colored up very fast in the tank. Very good looking and "pretty" with its pink belly. It has a moderatly aggresive temperment and has established a "home" territory. Very active and atractive. Not overly aggresive, but not a push over at all. Thank you fishman09!

IMG_20111020_145048.jpg

IMG_20111020_145107.jpg

Next up is the black belt, great looking fish, about 7", with a real pasive additude. So far has spent most of its time exploring the tank. Colored up pretty fast, but I can tell I hevent seen it in "full" color yet. Can't wait, I will be adding the male tonight or tomorow and seeing what goes down. Thanks DMD!

IMG_20111020_161257.jpg

IMG_20111020_161254.jpg

IMG_20111020_161208.jpg

IMG_20111020_161029.jpg

Sorry not the best at taking pictures, and there still a little unsettled. Hope you enjoyed.

Madness

Staff member
They both look really nice. That Istlanum turns out to be a male and is too much for you, :D let me know.

A

Anonymous

How about you let me know when your ready to offload that pretty female.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
fish_n_vw said:
What is (999)?
He just is holding out at 999 posts... Come on already put something up and make it 1000! :cheers:

A

Anonymous

lol I know he sent me a pm, dident want to post until he knew you were on.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I sent him a PM and said stop goofing around and just do it! :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness cant stand stupid posts... I am tempted to post something so dumb that he will just have to respond... Come on Mr 999, you can do it!

Madness

Staff member
XX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX X X X X X X
XX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX :cheers: :cheers:

I know, I am a dork, I admit it. :D

I was bored while I sat on hold getting ****** by L&I, AGAIN!!!!!!! :x

Madness

Staff member
I wasted all that time to make all of those X's look like 1000. And thats what it looks like when I hit submit. Total downer. :|

Well race to 2000. :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
madness said:
I know, I am a dork, I admit it. :D
Your 1000th post and that is the only words of wisdom you have to share! :lmfao:

:drunk: Congrats :drunk:

A

Anonymous

can't get the new black belt to eat. I have tried pellets, blood worms and brinshrimp... just dosent seem intrested. The two black belts seem to get on well, the big one is for ssure dominant. But not aggresive to the small one. But no signs of breeding or anything at all. I will have to give more time for them to settle in, I'm not expecting much, but I do know that every now and then when you add a pair of opposite sex cichlids together. A lot of the time they waist no time.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I could not get the BB interested in my Omega One pellets (floating). I thought that it was because madness was feeding it NLS (sinking). But it is probably still settling in because I had no problems with it eating frozen brine shrimp, blood worms, glass worms, and chopped up earthworms. It was a dainty eater in comparison to the others.

I know what you mean about them wasting no time... I bought a pair of Cutteri about two years ago when I had my 65g tank, with in hours after being put in the tank they spawned. Of course with the stress of the new tank and move the male ate the eggs. Kind of wish I would have kept those fish but they just didnt fit in with the big boys.

Madness

Staff member
I fed it a combo pack. Hikari, nls, omega, xtream, angel plus, tetra, azoo, microb, premium fish, chen gro, many different types of each of the above. There is probably 15 different foods in the pack.