New Here - Saying Hello - Pics Included

AE86-Danny

Hello guys, My name is Danny.
I recently found my new love, and started my new hobby. AQUARIUM LIFE!
ive got a 50 gallon tank for now, it houses 11 south african cichlids.

FISH : 11 South African Cichilids (6 Peacocks, 2 Yellow Electric, kenyi, Ventus, Transcriptus)
FILTRATION : Aquaclear 110, Aquatech 30-60, Home-Made Moving Filter
SUBSTRATE : Black Tahitian Moon Sand, and Medium Black Gravel
PLANTS : 2x Amazon Swords, 1x Java Fern
HEATER - 200w Heater
MISC - Simple bubble wants, and added biomedia in 30-60 HOB filter.

Sorry for the dirty glass

New Addition to my tank. Just purchased
imag0149e.jpg

Horrible picture sorry but you get the jist of everything.
imag0151r.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
:welcome!:

Its Ok that you raise Africans, we will let it slide until you get your SA/CA tank set up. :lmfao:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Hey fill out your profile so we know more about you! :tongue:

AE86-Danny

DMD123 said:
:welcome!:

Its Ok that you raise Africans, we will let it slide until you get your SA/CA tank set up. :lmfao:

Maybe you have been reading my posts :)
im looking to rescue atleast 2 SA/CA cichlids from a close friend of mine. Ive watched these guys grow, ive basically been there for every step of the way.
ive suggested what to feed them, when to feed them, ive been the one to do his water changes. He just pays for everything.

And now he wants to just ditch them... :(

Looks like Tupperware Tank 101 Is about to hit. Ill have to do a ghetto "HOW TO" on making a cheap tank to save a fish lol...

stay tuned!!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
There is a running joke here among the African cichlid group and SA/CA cichlid group. When one person is raising one type the other group tries to convert them over. Its all in fun! :joker:

Hope it works out with the rescues!

AE86-Danny

DMD123 said:
There is a running joke here among the African cichlid group and SA/CA cichlid group. When one person is raising one type the other group tries to convert them over. Its all in fun! :joker:

Hope it works out with the rescues!

Well, i will have the best of both worlds. muahahah.

Fyurae

Then there is the third group, the ones everyone tries to convert: The folks like me that don't care for cichlids at all.

Anthraxx

what else is there to keep? and clearly you dont understand the joy of cichlid keeping. those livebearers just dont compare.

Madness

Staff member
AE86-Danny said:
madness said:
21 years old and lives in Graham. Need we say more. :)
What does age and location have to do with anything?

Ive only lived in Graham for about 2 years now.
OK, the new guy is a bit sensitive. We wont play with you anymore. :no:

Nothing wrong with your age or location. :) My son lives in Graham, and I live just outside of it. :)

See I noticed you jabbed Fyurae regarding her catfish. So I jabbed back to your comment to her by saying what I did. She didnt jump at you, but you got defensive with me. :scratch: You say you only lived there for 2 years, sure you didnt grow up there? :) I hope that we dont have to explain everything all the time. You know with you being from Graham and all.
238276.gif

Hey have you ever watched an old Jeff Dunham stand up show on TV. Theres a part where his puppet Peanut, gives a person in the audience a hard time, and Peanut waves his hand over his head and makes a noise. Kinda like a car going by really fast, yeeeeow.
238276.gif

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff Dunham cracks me up. Walter has to be one of my favorites, we all know some grumpy old guy just like him, right madness? :tongue:

See, thats the kind of ribbing that goes on around here! And I really cant make fun of madness age because Im older than him! :affraid:

AE86-Danny

madness said:
AE86-Danny said:
madness said:
21 years old and lives in Graham. Need we say more. :)
What does age and location have to do with anything?

Ive only lived in Graham for about 2 years now.
OK, the new guy is a bit sensitive. We wont play with you anymore. :no:

Nothing wrong with your age or location. :) My son lives in Graham, and I live just outside of it. :)

See I noticed you jabbed Fyurae regarding her catfish. So I jabbed back to your comment to her by saying what I did. She didnt jump at you, but you got defensive with me. :scratch: You say you only lived there for 2 years, sure you didnt grow up there? :) I hope that we dont have to explain everything all the time. You know with you being from Graham and all.
238276.gif

Hey have you ever watched an old Jeff Dunham stand up show on TV. Theres a part where his puppet Peanut, gives a person in the audience a hard time, and Peanut waves his hand over his head and makes a noise. Kinda like a car going by really fast, yeeeeow.
238276.gif

Born in Tacoma, And Raised in Cali.
I guess im not fun to poke fun at :(

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I am a military brat. Born in Korea (South :tongue: ), raised all over the place, and settled in to Washington for the last 28yrs.