New camera, new photos (Picture heavy)

cichlid-gal

Just wanted to share some new photos. Finally got the camera I've been waiting on for over half a year. Fish are mostly the same just a little better pics of them. I'll work on tank shots now to post to the gallery but need a nice day with lots of good light. Hope you enjoy what I have been able to gleen.

A

Anonymous

Nice snap shots Donna. One day I'll upgrade from my phone to a real camera too :)

cichlid-gal

fishNAbowl said:
Nice snap shots Donna. One day I'll upgrade from my phone to a real camera too :)
I'm still on auto mode with this camera...I just unboxed it...but I have a course in that is supposed to help me graduate from auto mode to "real" photography...wish me luck and I'll try not to bomb you guys too often and only when a pic is really worthy...but this was my 1st goaround so I had to have a little fun sharing :)

cichlid-gal

SiRWesDragon said:
cichlid-gal said:
Thanks Wes...I forgot this one...my Kyoga male...he is really hard to get a pic of

love the color on that one.
You should see him in the mornings Wes...he is so RED....I missed him this morning. I'll keep trying and see if I can get that great shot of him as he's totally worthy of the effort.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Good looking pics, what camera are you using?

MRTom

Great pics! Looking forward to getting bombarded with more of them! Doesn't it add another whole new dimension to keeping fish?

Keep them coming!

cichlid-gal

Thanks Madness, PBmax and Tom...I am hoping to learn a lot more about photography.

The fish photography is exciting...a whole new dimension. I just saw some pics on cichlid forum of baby fishes eyes shining out of mom's mouths and toofies showing...WOW...what shots. And I'm always in awe of the great fish photographers that are out there. Total inspiration.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I love the first pic in the second post. What an amazing looking fish

cichlid-gal

lloyd378 said:
I love the first pic in the second post. What an amazing looking fish
Thanks Lloyd...that's my mini bad boy P. multicolor victoriae ..those are tough little guys with lots of personality.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
After seeing the pics, I pulled out my old DSLR and played around taking pics.

Thanks for the inspiration cichlid-gal.

cichlid-gal

Here's a couple more...new pics...new fish

This is my new male Dwarf Blue Panda guppy
dwarfbluemale_zpscf6b51e2.jpg

and one of my new male Threadfin Rainbow (Iriatherina werneri)
threadfinmale_zpsc6ea6742.jpg

and my 1st shrimp (I got six of these, lost one in transport, of the remaining I only see a couple of them around the tank so I'm not sure if the rest made it..I guess time will tell)
1stshrimppic_zps9a2987d8.jpg