New baby bristlenoseee :D

lars on

Went into petco last night looking to save something and what do I come across?? Why yes. Albino bristlenose plecos! for 3$!! Cant beat that! I got what was left of em, and they are currently chillin in the tank with a baby bristle I got from lilfishie a month or two back. All of em look to be female so far, definately gonna go check back next week and scout for some more

NEWBRISTLESSSS009.jpg

NEWBRISTLESSSS007.jpg

NEWBRISTLESSSS019.jpg

larry.beck

lars on said:
2 little albinos, must not have been there long either because they are healthy little things
ROFL too true! Were they at our local store? I never even look at their fish selection, it usually just hurts my sensibilities.

lars on

larry.beck said:
lars on said:
2 little albinos, must not have been there long either because they are healthy little things
ROFL too true! Were they at our local store? I never even look at their fish selection, it usually just hurts my sensibilities.
Yeah right up by walmart! I couldnt believe it when I saw the tag! "Now Featuring: Bristlenose pleco!"

Got a betta to hahah, I couldnt leave them there

Vic

Hmmm, I have mixed feelings about this. A lot of people do buy fish there, and the common pleco gets too big for, oh, probably 99% of them. Bristlenose are a far better choice and deserve to be far more popular. It is the common pleco that should be rare in captivity. I'd really like to see the BN replace the common pleco as the recommended algae eater. Perhaps this is a start.

Were they at least giving them algae wafers? Also, how long were they? Mine don't start to bristle until nearly 2"

Good score - they'll work hard for you and they are so cute when they are young and playful.

lars on

That and they dont destory plants. although mycommon doesnt destroy my plants.

Well I went back into petco after work, and what do you knoww??

One more in the tank! Of course I bought it, has some calcium build up ont he tail, but I think its a healthy little girl. AGAIN.

Also got a baby smokey looking angel fish

Vic

I had to go to Kirkland yesterday and on a lark I stopped in at the Kirkland Petco. Yes, they had ABNs. Tiny and a bit ragged but likely salvageable, and $4.99. I was in a hurry and didn't spend much time in the store, but it was basically clean. A few tanks were marked under observation, but for a big chain the fish looked good.

If you are in the market, mine are about twice as big, with full bellies and lots of vigor. I have 2" sub adults starting to bristle. Whatever the source, I am glad to see these great fish becoming more popular.

momsfishn

I love these guys. I got my from Kianna a few weeks ago. They aren't very big yet. They are very industrious. I would not even consider the regular pleco because of their size. But these guys seem to fit in where ever I put them. No they are not in my Malawi Tank. Maybe when they get bigger. I'm sure you will be pleased with them.

lars on

I had two males a LONG time ago, gave one to lilfishie and one to larry.beck, ALMOST got my male back from lorrie when she was sellin the pair but someone had already bought em, so the little guy up there is our first ones il son. But Ive got some geast pictures of these guys, they clean like MONSTERS

momsfishn

Yes they are. You can see some of my babies under African cichlids, thread (THESE ARE FOR YOU KIANNA). CHECK IT OUT! THEY HAVE GROWN SOME SINCE THEN. At least a little.