Never Clog Weighted Airstones

Angelman

airstones.jpg

Got a hold of some of these last weekend at a LFS and added them to my sponge filters, and all I can say is wow!!! Endorse the use of them X100000.  If it works as good as they say then I will never have to buy another cheap clogging air stone again.   Aquarium Co-op sells them (Smalls for $2.00 each and large for $3.00 each). I figure in the long run I spend that on them anyway but will never have to change them again.

Cory thanks for bringing us these great products and keep up the great work supporting this community.

A

Anonymous

HEY! Someone let LJ know about these. They would totally match his Lego lighting supports. :D 

They're "modular" too! You could literally unscrew each layer, and make them smaller, or larger to your liking. They're pretty awesome :D

BallardFishGuy

Poke - Could you post a video of them in action? And even better yet next too a regular airstones? That way we could tell how the "bubble action" looks on it..., needless to say never clogging is awesome!

Sleep? Nah. I'm a night owl. :D I have the video shot, uploading now.

Unfortunately, turns out I didn't have a regular airstone. I remembered giving it away to someone that needed one replaced because THEIRS clogged. LOL...

Here it is in action. I was using an airpump that was rated for a small tank (less than 10 gallons I think) and it blows quite a lot of bubbles, sure they aren't super small bubbles, but that's not what they're meant for... hehehe... they've been running for a while now, and I haven't had any problems with them clogging up. The best part, is that they're modular, so you can make them as long as you need them to be. :D

Here are two videos showing you how they look in my Marimo Ball Vase...thing. Look at all em bubbles...considering the fact that the only thing running this, is a small pump. If it was with a regular airstone, it wouldn't be as bubbly as this, especially once it starts getting clogged over time.

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/_oD_rEdqXmI[/flash]
[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/uVaQ_a2kOB4" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

Lamental Jester

PokeSephiroth said:
Sleep? Nah. I'm a night owl.
One thing you should know about Poke, he's a vampire that lives on the peninsula (ahem... like Forks!)

I will probably be picking a couple of these up for my 75, although my matching lego light fixture will probably be coming down in the near future when I convert the tank to LED ;)

Lamental Jester said:
PokeSephiroth said:
One thing you should know about Poke, he's a vampire that lives on the peninsula (ahem... like Forks!)

I will probably be picking a couple of these up for my 75, although my matching lego light fixture will probably be coming down in the near future when I convert the tank to LED ;)
That's right. I'm a vampire. A big. gay. vampire....that twinkles under the sun. Or...whatever it is these kids are calling it these days.

Lamental Jester

PokeSephiroth said:
Lamental Jester said:
PokeSephiroth said:

That's right. I'm a vampire. A big. gay. vampire....that twinkles under the sun. Or...whatever it is these kids are calling it these days.
That also spins fire, don't forget!

Here here! :beer: 

So I forgot to mention, that these neverclog airstones are DIRT CHEAP, compared to other airstones you can find in the market. So yeah. Go get some.

And also, you can mix and match colors, you basically just unscrew the sections, so you can make it a whole solid color (which I prefer)...or keep them multicolored like little firecrackers.

KaraWolf

PokeSephiroth said:
pretty sure it's "sparkles" << but honestly it just looked like he was uber sweaty hahahah

anyways in the video it almost looks like the air isn't getting to all of the pieces it's escaping completely before it reaches the last 3 or so pieces but pretty awesome anyways XD

BallardFishGuy

KaraWolf said:
anyways in the video it almost looks like the air isn't getting to all of the pieces it's escaping completely before it reaches the last 3 or so pieces but pretty awesome anyways XD[/color]
I noticed that too, curious. I'm guessing it has to do with the air pumps power right Poke?

Lamental Jester

KaraWolf said:
PokeSephiroth said:
pretty sure it's "sparkles" << but honestly it just looked like he was uber sweaty hahahah
Actually, I think the correct term is "twlights", hahaha