Neolamprologus Tretocephalus

Bob

Quick shot of a couple of my new Neo Trets, got six of these bad boys. Also picked up a L091 pleco but of course never see it so no pic of that, but it was awesome looking in the bag :|

P1020980_zpsw9kj8gez.jpg

flamechica

Those are nice looking fish! Had to google the pleco. He is pretty awesome looking! It's a shame all these gorgeous plecos never come out of hiding... :(

vtran86

Nice, now I really want to set up my african tank. Also had to google a pic of the pleco, nice looking pleco. what is the pH of your tank?

Bob

So far there hasn't been any aggression. But i know when they start getting bigger and pair off it may get a little rowdy. The ph hangs around in the low 8s, I use a little crushed coral to keep it there.

A

Anonymous

Wow, those look super! Totally like.

The 3 beacon pleco is a nice looking - not seen everyday fish. I just picked up a L183 (Starlight Ancistrus) which is totally gone in my over planted 140 gallon tank. Nothing like paying $20+ for a fish you'll never see, haha!

Bob

fishNAbowl said:
I just picked up a L183 (Starlight Ancistrus) which is totally gone in my over planted 140 gallon tank. Nothing like paying $20+ for a fish you'll never see, haha!

The L183 is on my list to pick up too. The only plecos i consistently see are my Orange seem and my Para. The Orange Seem does surprisingly well with algae.

Betty

Staff member
They are nice looking fish, but definitely aggressive. Their looks remind me of frontosa.