Need review - Seachem Garlic guard.

protocl

Has anyone used this item?
I bought due to reading this product helps clear fishes digestive tract.

protocl

May be crushing fresh garlic would be the same as using this product, just to soak the foods in the main ingredient - allicin.
Seem to be garic guard is much more potent.
All of my fishes love the food that was pre-soaked.

CrashSmAshley

Garlic is pretty good for fish; in fact it's in most pelleted fish foods. Just crush a portion of it into bite-sized pellets and feed them to your fish. It's indigestible to them so it passes right through, along with anything else left in their tract.

A

Anonymous

CrashSmAshley said:
Garlic is pretty good for fish; in fact it's in most pelleted fish foods. Just crush a portion of it into bite-sized pellets and feed them to your fish. It's indigestible to them so it passes right through, along with anything else left in their tract.
Totally agree with Crash.

Digsy

I tried this product when I had discus that wouldn't eat and they showed no interest. I too had heard mixed reviews on its use for picky eaters but in my experience, it did absolutely nothing.

sandnuka

never worked for me.... my fish are picky.... they pretty much have a simple diet, whenever something introduced new to them, they wont eat it... Like the epsom salt idea though.... use it regularly, and never have problems.

protocl

Mixed reviews.

Well...I've been pre-soaking krill and frozen brine, all my fishes seem more interested in while feeding time.
Arowana doesn't seem to like the garlic oder.
Garlic guard does help change the water colour to a yellowish tint.

All in all, my 10G loves it, so does my gourami, but my aro. does not.