My young Red Bulu Colony

finray56

Here are a few pics of my young group of Petrochromis Red Bulu. I have had these almost a year now, they were only 3/4" to 1" when I bought them. The males are finally starting to show some color and I can't wait to see them six months from now. I have fifteen in my group ranging from 4 1/2" to 5" in size, they are in my 210 along with 8 clown loachs and 3 Nasuta green tiger 2m & 1f.

Betty

Staff member
Very cool. I thought these were pretty rare and hard to get a few years ago. How is their aggression?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Love the pic of the little guy with his mouth open. Super cool little fish

finray56

I haven't noticed much aggression so far but they are still fairly young, they are now around 4 1/2" to 5" in size. I have never seen any around the Seattle area, hopefully that will change once I get these breeding. They are beautiful Petrochromis and I'm looking forward to seeing them color up more as the months go by. It has been a long road so far, I got them at just under an 1" so I have had to be very patient. You can get them bigger to start out if you can afford it. I will try and post some new pictures soon !