My sister's new Betta

Llovsbarbie

She got him from Petco and I think he is actually quite handsome so figured I would share
I find it quite amazing that when she starts shaking the food he comes up all hungry and ready. I dont know if Betta are known to do that, but thought it was pretty cool.

Fyurae

I like the silky texture of his fins. I go look at fish all the time with my friend, and we always argue over which ones are the coolest. She likes fin size and shape and I like color.

Be careful with that rock. It looks rough. I just had to remove the lava rock my anubias was attached to because I moved the gang to the 29 and my male betta into the hex. He was starting to gouge himself on it.

Llovsbarbie

Thanks. I will let her know to watch out for it. I personally like the long fins and any color that is bright. Thought he was pretty so figured I would share with all you Betta lovers. :D

CrashSmAshley

He's handsome! Bettas are water puppies. But he does need a heater. Bettas are tropical fish and thrive in temps between 76F - 82F. Also agree with being careful with that rock. Betta fins are very delicate :)

dkpate

I agree with Ashley, they need warm water, or she will be dealing with fin rot and all sorts of other stuff. I would also recommend a little filter.

F.Banks

You can get a 2gl. rectangle tank at one of the larger chains for around $12 with tax. I've seen 5.5gl. ones for $15.99 +tax also. FYI!

Anthraxx

a spongefilter / heater from foster and smiths online would probably be the cheapest way to go. (gonna need an air pump for the sponge) gl to ya in your betta keeping.

on a side note: while cleaning my betta tank i discovered my first betta offspring! seen them breeding and doing the egg thing but didnt think i had any wrigglers left.