My Plecs

censeoflife

Got a good pic of my big guys hanging out, I never have to clean the glass.

pictur28.jpg

Ducky and Spike
pictur29.jpg

Spike 7.5"
pictur30.jpg

Ducky 6 "

censeoflife

These guys don't, But lil Lenny (4") in my 30 likes to suck on one plant in his tank that leaves it with some issues. These guys stay fat and happy off the red / brown algae that grows on the window side of my tank.

Clogstonian

Dead flesh? No they just eat algae like nobodies business.[/quote]

ah, I was wondering given the shape/form of the mouth it looks like other carrion scavangers/higher protien foods . . not so though eh. I'd always associated the wider mouthed catfish as the algae eaters . . paradigm adjusted!

censeoflife

Sandy bottom!

So Ducky here is the cleaner fish for my African tank, He adjusted well to the higher Ph and doesn't seem to mind the sand.

He hangs around where the cichlids like to dig and ends up covered by the evening.
pictur16.jpg

censeoflife

he gets real pissed at me when I get in the tank to move stuff. but the babies and juvy cichlids swim up and around him with no issues. He scares the crap out of me every time too, those big pokeys on his fins. And thrashing around they way he does when I scare him. lol.. oh well!

:lol:

censeoflife

just another picture.

Ducky has grown, being the only pleco has allowed for some extra growth. Figured out the "Ducky" is also a male and my other pleco spike is a female. lol.. Thats what the kids get for naming fish. lol.. I saw a huge pleco the other day and wondered, does anyone know how big these guys get?? This big one I saw was 12" and really fat like maybe 3.5" around or more. big sucker!!

pictur37.jpg

censeoflife

Only Romain so far. But I intend to get some zucchini and cucumber for everyone. They already don't eat as much algae as they used to. Spoiled suckers! I got some snails yesterday though to take up the slack.

Paintguy

Yea.. mine is about 6" and very lazy about his job. Swims upside down to get floating flake food.

censeoflife

That's great! lol.. I just see these guys trying to hang on to the glass but slide down cause they are so heavy.. very comical.