My new display is coming along!!!

jlo

On 7-5 I start working on my display tank, here some pictures of the rock work and some just planted pictures still have ways to go! (enjoy)
rock_w10.jpg

7-9-1010.jpg

ledieudufromage

Rocking rocks. I like the angle of all of them, it seems like they are all one and continue below the aquarium. What are you planning on filling it with?

jlo

ledieudufromage said:
Rocking rocks. I like the angle of all of them, it seems like they are all one and continue below the aquarium. What are you planning on filling it with?
Do you mean fish?

ledieudufromage

Yes, fish. Or are you displaying just plants and rocks? I really do like the rock placement. I'm trying to figure out where to put mine right now.

jlo

lars on said:
What kind of rock is that? It looks absolutely GORGEOUS. Love the way you pooled the sand weird
Those rocks I import them from China, I don't know the english name for them, but they do come with some of them are not as smooth ( Like the one from ADA and AGA contest) I do lots of import from over sea. As far as fish go I will put about 100 rummy nose and few cleaning fish and few shrimps in this tank and that's about it for now. I only used 7 different kind of plants to scape this tank. Hope you guy enjoy this.

Thank you

jlo

ledieudufromage said:
Yes, fish. Or are you displaying just plants and rocks? I really do like the rock placement. I'm trying to figure out where to put mine right now.
If you can bring the rocks you got to me we can work together, and we also can learn from each other. I always learn new things from another hobbier, think its the beauty of this hobby.

stevieB

probrably sounds expensive.i didnt' even know what it was i just googled " ada rock planted fish " and there was a picture with some rocks that looked the same lol

lars on

Yeah, theres a site where they sell imported japanese stone. Some of the more bigger and characteristic rocks go for 8$lb lowest I saw was 5$lb

jlo

stevieB said:
ohko stones. i don't think you can find any stores around here that sells it
I do have them in my store for $4.50/lb, you guys are right it took me 2 years to find where I can get them, and the price are very high too.

jlo

Here is my display tank information:

Tank size: 48” X 18” X 18” Aqua Pro Rimless Tank with black silicon

Lighting: 4 X 43W dome light system
8 hours/day

Co2: About 4-5 bubble/Sec

Substrate: Black sand, ADA soil, Indo Lava rocks

Rocks: Ohko Stones

Plants
Foreground: Japanese True Dwarf Hair grass
Hemianthus Callitrichoides (H.C.)

Midground: Tropica’s Starougyre
Blyxa Japonica

Background: Bacopa Rotundifolia
Eichhornia Diversifolia
Myriophyllum matogrossense
Pogostemon Stellatus

SeattleJD

His store is on 12th and Jackson St, in the International District. Very friendly, knowledgeable guy. You should check the store out!

flo77

Since I saw your post with the old display I was wondering who is this guy with the wonderful planted tanks. Now the mistery is solved!(a little bit late, because shame on me I didn't follow your topics).
Good job Jimmy!
I usually shop on line but your store is my favorite in the area. Nice stuff and the best prices in the area, sometimes cheaper than the online stores!