So finally took some pics of my new intended reef tank...about 2weeks old now

Equipments...
-- 46gal bowfront glass tank
-- 24" Ecoxotic panorama (1st gen) LED lighting
-- 1 maxijet and another is a generic version circulation pump
-- CPR 2R+ HOB protein skimmer
-- 250watt jager heater

Livestocks...
-- about 60lbs live rock (got it from an established tank)
-- 20lbs Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Reef Sand
-- 2 damsels, 1black brittle starfish, 4 Turbo snails, 5 hermit crabs
-- toadstool- thanks to Lorrie

-- Candycane coral

-- Xenias - thanks to lorrie

-- kenya tree and a colt coral (thanks to lorrie)

-- star polyps

-- feather duster

-- mushroom (i could some help with ID here--there is 2 different ones)

-- button polyps??

-- waving anthelia

enjoy looking at the pics :)

Br

Nice stuff man...love the corals and your aquascaping...did you buy the live rocks from the guy in Federalway? they certainly look beter now..probably b/c of your led lighting :)

dondud

thanks guys!!
@BR---yea yea..were u the one who got the fish?

i got some algae starting...erggghh...the ones on the glass is not bad cuz i can scrub it off...but there is some growing on the rocks..that i dont know what to do..you can see some on the pics..

Br

Yeah, I was the one who got the fish...thank God they still survive :) .... don't worry about the algae...since your tank is relatively new and only two weeks old...it's just part of the cycle.... they will died off and eventually growing back again, and died off a couple times until it's totally balanced out....keep updating us on your progress...nice set up one again.

Br

You should have got the tang on that day so I didn't have to drive all the way down there just to get him :) ... I just moved the fish into my main tank yesterday so will have pics later maybe at the end of the week... It's also a new set up so I'll be expecting tons of algae like you're having right now... let see how it goes... I don't have any lights going on right now until this coming weekend...it'll be at least two 250 watts metal halide fixtures so I expect lots of algae growing like crazy hahaha....

Br

After looking at the pics closely, there is one thing that I should say, you might want to consider upgrading the heater... these works fine but I don't know how accurate they are and how long it'll stay that way, especially during the Summer heat..., some might breaks too.... since you're spending too much on the live stocks, it should be a great investment to spend on the titanium heater with separate thermal control in the near future...

lilfishie

Glad everything is doing good. Tank looks good. Real nice job on the rock work.
the mushrooms you have are both bullseye rhodactis mushrooms. They come in many different colors.