My Needlenose Gar feeding and Barracuda (video and pics)

TRD_Power

Here are a few pics, 2 of them are of my Yellowtail Barracuda (he's about 1/2" bigger now), the other is my Needlenose Gar. I know I promised a video of my cuda feeding a while back, but I managed to get the Gar tonight... The cuda will come later :) My cuda is pretty brutal to watch eat sometimes because he bites the feeders' faces off, sometimes tails go floating around.... Still twitching.... :twisted: Anyways, you can kinda see my cuda in the beginning of the video as well as my Giant Pleco :) Enjoy!

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpAkWKI8mbs

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1298.jpg

sandnuka

awesome video... can hardly believe he can choke that thing down! lol... How often do you have to feed him?? I mean, you doesnt eat both in the same day right? How long have you had him?

TRD_Power

sandnuka said:
awesome video... can hardly believe he can choke that thing down! lol... How often do you have to feed him?? I mean, you doesnt eat both in the same day right? How long have you had him?
Thanks! I, too, was surprised at the size of fish the Gar can eat! That Pterodactyl beak can be very deceiving :) The Cuda can eat some big fish, but the Gar can definitely get bigger ones down right now. I feed the both of them every day, usually about 4-6 fish a piece. Their menu can get quite spendy, but power feeding the carnivores gets them up to a more stable size quicker. I've had the Gar for about 2 weeks now :)