My living room 75g with live plants

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I noticed a couple of my plants looking a little “worse for the wear” ( probably from being moved to two different tanks in the last month) and decided to add some root tabs to them.

Being new to live plants and also new to root tabs, we shall see how it goes.....

here is the video:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
That will look really nice when the plants grow and fill in the spaces.

My community tank has been fun but Im ready for a change, lol.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
2 angel fish, 7 monk tetra, 2 albino bristle nose pleco, 2 Raphael catfish, 3 black kuhli loach, 1 clown loach. And currently a baby red devil.
Unusual community with the devil and catfish!
I think you should go with the semi aggressive community and sub the tetras for a paradise fish, some moonlight guaramis, and maybe even a couple of Congo tetras.

I love Congo tetras and would like to get some more at some point

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The devil doesn’t belong but nowhere to put it at the moment. The catfish work with the tall bodied tetras and angels. The kuhli loaches look like little worms and wouldn’t be surprised if they got eaten.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
The devil doesn’t belong but nowhere to put it at the moment. The catfish work with the tall bodied tetras and angels. The kuhli loaches look like little worms and wouldn’t be surprised if they got eaten.
I really like the striped kuhli loaches only, but probably because they remind me of my first ever tank

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Update on the tank.... plants are starting to grow, same with the fish, but realizing I maybe have some wrong mixes in there .

my largest angel enjoys taking chunks out of my tallest plant and my pea puffer enjoys nipping the fins of my all white angel. I will watch it closer incase the pea puffer needs a new tank, but I’ll let my angel just go ahead and nibble

fishguy1978

Legendary Member
Update on the tank.... plants are starting to grow, same with the fish, but realizing I maybe have some wrong mixes in there .

my largest angel enjoys taking chunks out of my tallest plant and my pea puffer enjoys nipping the fins of my all white angel. I will watch it closer incase the pea puffer needs a new tank, but I’ll let my angel just go ahead and nibble
Sounds like a typical murder bean.

sir_keith

Legendary Member

Angels and puffers are a very unhappy combination, mostly for the angels. :(

Keiji

It's quite typical for plants to shock when moved. Roots need to dig in and get situated. Even longer if there is no root but just stem.

The hygro you have in front is an amazing plant. Once rooted in can grow rapidly and easily propagated through trimming. Makes a great background and will grow to the surface.

I'm happy to see you try plants. Going from monster fish keeper to community planted brings a whole new element to the hobby.

Have fun!