My fish

ziggyzoo

Here's my tank/fish....
Right now I have a 55 gallon hex with quite a few fish, I use a fluval fx5 can filter rated for 400 gallons on it, a planted plus 247, flourite plant gravel, and I have some driftwood with anubias attached. I'm still working on the decor though.
The fish I have are:
6 african tetras (3")
8 clown loaches (3.5-9")
1 jack dempsey (2.5")
1 fire eel (9")
1 black ghost knife fish (5-6")
1 spotted rafeal catfish (2")
1 bristlenose pleco (4")
1 shovel-nose catfish (4")

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

ziggyzoo

If anyone knows what type of shovelnose cat that is can you please tell me? I bought it at little Amazon as a tiger shovelnose but there were lots of red tails in the tank and it looks like it could be a hybrid of the two...

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Looks tiger! Great fish. I've always wanted a fire eel. And miss my old shovelnose .....wanna trade? Haha

ziggyzoo

Haha iv waited forever to get that shovelnose! Little Amazon had a bunch of the fire eels the same size as mine last time I was there a few weeks ago. And quite a few shovelnoses too! They might still have some! :)

ziggyzoo

The fire eel is what I truly want. Can I ask how much it cost?
It was $30 for the size I got, they have smaller ones for half the price too I think. And I think the fish store in lake city had some too recently but I don't know how much those were.

Rico $uave

you do know that the tiger shovel nose hybrid will grow 4foot plus in size? along with that fire eel that will get about 2foot plus in size also

Paintguy

I love the clowns also. My dad has some that are 6+ years old.

I have a feeling that tank is going to end up your smaller grow out home for your future 300 gal.

ziggyzoo

you do know that the tiger shovel nose hybrid will grow 4foot plus in size? along with that fire eel that will get about 2foot plus in size also
Yep. Plan on upgrading in the future. I'm absolutely fascinated with large fish. I hope to have an indoor pool sized tank someday with ripsaws, shovelnose, fire eel, lung fish, ect. Ect. As soon as I buy a house I will probablly work on setting up a tank before I even move in all the way! Haha

ziggyzoo

I love the clowns also. My dad has some that are 6+ years old.

I have a feeling that tank is going to end up your smaller grow out home for your future 300 gal.
I had one that was over 20 years old once! He was like 12". I wish I never rehomed him, but our rental house went up for sale with no notice, so I sold my tank :/ not this time though, I have a garentee from my mom I can keep them at her place if it happens again!

Loren

Asking clown loaches to behave (especially the size of some that you have) might be a bit of a stretch.