My Fish Family (UPDATED 06-06-11)

A

Anonymous

Well if you need an extra pair of hands on the weekends with that expansion......... you got the digits, don't hesitate to ask, I can bring the beer.

A

Anonymous

I'm a beer snob, so I always offer :) don't know why I just can't drink crappy beer. And you never know what others drink.

Madness

Staff member
I dont drink crappy beer. But my definition of crappy could be the complete opposite of yours. Lets just say I dont drink domestic.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
I dont drink crappy beer. But my definition of crappy could be the complete opposite of yours. Lets just say I dont drink domestic.
The stuff madness drinks is not even considered a liquid. Borderline solid, more of a paste consistency.

A

Anonymous

Then he drinks my kind of beer. I work in the industry, I drink most ipas, scotish ales, stouts, porters, and the occasion pale ale. With my favorites being from deschutes, or stone or iron horse. Arrogent basterd and irish death are probably my favorite beers ever. But they don't come in 6ers. So I will bring some and you get some. It'll be grand, I need beer like fish need food (variety is key). Call me when your ready or before. Ill come just to check out your fish and have a brew.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
madness said:
The stuff madness drinks is not even considered a liquid. Borderline solid, more of a paste consistency.
:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

fish_n_vw said:
Then he drinks my kind of beer. I work in the industry, I drink most ipas, scotish ales, stouts, porters, and the occasion pale ale. With my favorites being from deschutes, or stone or iron horse. Arrogent basterd and irish death are probably my favorite beers ever. But they don't come in 6ers. So I will bring some and you get some. It'll be grand, I need beer like fish need food (variety is key). Call me when your ready or before. Ill come just to check out your fish and have a brew.
Finally, a drinking partner. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :beer: :beer: :beer: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Anthraxx

WTF when is this beer drinking plus fish talk going down? id be HAPPY to help out. besides its nice to chat fish with people who dont look at you like ur retarded.... hit me up if u need any help.

A

Anonymous

Lol, yeah anthraxx people look at me when I lost my mind when I start talking fish... it almost like they think I'm dumb, when I'm actually pretty educated on the topic.

Madness

Staff member
It probably wont be till next summer, but I will keep it in mind, so make sure you dont go anywhere.

Speaking of beer. :D My oldest son ran the Columbia Crossing 10K today in Astoria, so we hit up a local restaurant/brew house last night for dinner, and today for lunch. I got the sampler, 5 - 6oz beers of my choice for $7.50. Good food and grate beer.

And DMD and Adonijah no you could not see through the beer. :spoton:

A

Anonymous

So, what was it called? I will check it out if I'm ever in the area. Figured if there beer is good enough it deserves a plug.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
madness said:
Not to rant but the beer you drink is so dark that they spray it on windows to tint them.

Madness

Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
So, what was it called? I will check it out if I'm ever in the area. Figured if there beer is good enough it deserves a plug.
The Wet Dog Cafe on 11th st in Astoria. Not only good seafood, & pasta but they have like 20 different types of burgers. I had the Kahuna Burger last night and chowder. (home made and very good) Today I had the pizza burger. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

DMD123 said:
madness said:
Not to rant but the beer you drink is so dark that they spray it on windows to tint them.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
Mybe I should have ordered a Blue Moon. :evil: :evil: :evil: NOT!!!! :pale: :pale: :pale: :pale:

Some names that I can remember were, Strawberry Blond, Bitter bitch IPA, Solar IPA, Poop deck porter, Astoria ESB, Lincoln Lager, Pursuit of Hoppyness, just to name a small few.

A

Anonymous

Pursuit of hoppyness, sounds good. Did they have a stout?...... haha blue moon lol I say that's an introductory beer, something to get people to broaden there horizons.

Madness

Staff member
Yes they had a few. I had 2 of them in my sample pack, but couldn't remember the names. Very good beer.