My first cory fry!

17mars

After a year and a half of trying to hatch eggs from various spawnings of my false julii corydoras, I finally succeeded - sort of. I tried leaving them in the community tank where they got eaten. I tried taking them out and putting them in bare aquariums, planted, breeder boxes, jars, with methylene blue, without methylene blue.
I finally gave up. But last month I moved some java moss with eggs in my shrimp tank. Guess what I found today?

cory fry.jpg

17mars

It looks like there may be four. Judging from when I moved the eggs they're about four weeks. I've been feeding the shrimp things like crushed flakes and Aquarium Coop Fry food which may be how they survived without me knowing they were there.

Loren

I had a similar experience yesterday. I have some emerald green corys in my 75 gallon tank. Every time I do a cold water change the one female lays eggs. I scrape them off with either a razor blade or credit card but always a few eggs fall to the bottom of the tank where I assume they would get eaten. Yesterday I was moving a big clump of Java moss from on top of a piece of slate and there below were several baby corys swimming around.