my ebjd isnt looking very ELETRIC...

discus_2013

So I got this ebjd this summer, and it just hasn't been getting any prettier haha I keep telling myself it's in the juvenile stage and that it will color up in time but I just don't know. It eats blood worm and my sis shrimp for the most part with a side of guppies platties etc... any info or knowledge you guys could throw my way would be great.

Madness

Staff member
Agree, looks like a normal Jack. It may have the electric blue gene, but it is definitely not EBJD. EBJD dont grow into their color, they are blue from the very get go and it is noticeable at of only 1/4"

discus_2013

Look at its young pic, looks nothing like a regular jack, I agree now it's super plain, I don't understand why.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
That is super weird ! I have an ebjd..... Awesome color but not super impressed by behavior, susceptibility to disease, or the fin growth...... It's in my daughters room in her tank, and it looks like it's now blind in one eye. It will be the last ebjd I own. I think I much prefer the original jacks. But with that being said, I wouldn't want to pay ebjd prices for. Bgjd

Madness

Staff member
Im sorry, but those are 2 different fish. It is not possible that an EBJD loses its color, sorry you must have had another one somewhere.

discus_2013

I promise it is the same fish, I bought and ebjd and a platinum jd, put them both in my 75g, the platinum died hours after I got it and the ebjd grew out, I divided the tank and put in a congo puffer then pulled the divider, I have not had another jd any where near my tanks I fed the thing every day and as it grew it's color kind of faded and this is what it is now, I swear it is the same fish no b.s.

A

Anonymous

o_O - Wierd. The little one looks like 99% of the EBJD's I see sold in LFS. The sub adult (?)...

Paintguy

Loved how mine looked when they were small, but both showed deformed shapes and problems when older. Mine were both solid blue though as adults.... not like the color pattern on yours. Something going on there.