~~~My Dovii~~~

Wolf-Keeper1

Well one of my dovii. My first dovii. This is from Ike at aqaurium paradise and the girlfriend after Tina I believe.

I was looking at a nice yellow and pink flower horn and knew I wanted it. I just got my 5 footer heated up ( nope didn't cycle besides the three day thing that petsmart said) and was ready to drop 60 bucks on it. Just new that was the fish for me I read the agression level and seen some pics.

But then I was told about the wolf cichlid. I started to ask questions, told them what I was looking for in a fish I wanted MEAN and NASTY and BIG. I started to ask and compare the two cichlids. And was sold on the wolf. The taller guy ( I forget his name) said there are alot of mean fish out there and when they fight they will lock onto eachothers lips. Then he said these wolves will rip lips off. I did a complete turn around. Sure they couldve sold me the 60 dollar flower horn and sent me on my way. But they heard what I was looking for and felt the need to educate me. They also said I should cycle my tank LOL better then 3 days. I bought it anyway lol I know I'm learning now. Anyway I actually bought two. I had some dithers in my tank already 5 giant danio and a pictus cat ( I still have ). I through the two little wolves in the tank. Later a couple weeks I gave one to my cousin he had a 55 gallon with 5 juvie oscars. After telling him what I read and what I was told he wanted to see for himself. So I gave him one. The oscars had the little wolf by an inch to an inch and a half. After the little wolf got punked a little he settled in. About two weeks later my cousin was telling me that this little fish claimed half the tank to itself and the oscars shared the other half. Alas the wolf got to big and he took him back to aquarium paradise for some credit. Which did piss me off a little since I told him when it got too big to give it back. But what you going to do.

Anyway not sure why I wrote a story it's fairly late and I'm
bored. But everytime I want to try something different or go a different route with my tank I always end up changing my mind. I can't let this fish go. Not even if I got my aimara. I honestly think I would be sad if anything happened to this fish of mine.

Anyway here are a couple pics. I hope you guys like them nothing fancy at all just sharing.

http://emob126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/cypher333/photo-8.jpg?t=1290158252

http://emob126.photobucket.com/albums/p84/cypher333/IMG_0733.jpg?t=1290158256

oh yeah is it still a girl? Dumb but serious question lol.

Wolf-Keeper1

Damn is it the pictures? Or the fish No one likes my dovii?? That's ok I like my dovii. Same fish in my avatar and the personality and character I look for in my fish.

HALP

Your dovii is looking good! And I'm so upset matt isnt around anymore. After seeing mels vids I was going to beg to take me to meet him. Few 600's and a 1k gallon tank. Just amazing

Wolf-Keeper1

Yo, any contact info on this guy? I would love to link up with him. Maybe pull my fish from different strains. I already got that one from Damien I forgot his name on Here that was wild caught.

rattle1972

all the doviis at a place for pets are mels fry. i been to his house once. his big male dovii is insane. abosulutely huge!!!! he also has a big male umbee that is one of the most beautiful fish i have ever seen.

Wolf-Keeper1

Hey rattle any chance you have direct contact info? I'd like to chop it up with the guy and learn some stuff. I don't have to go to his house but maybe an email. I'll see if he has contact info on his YouTube channel.

Wolf-Keeper1

Omg that male made that ten
inch female look
smaller then my 7 inch female. That's crazy huge. I know they get huge but still haven't seen it. I know Ike was pushing 14 or so give or take. Amazing!

Wolf-Keeper1

Lol yeah. I had some serious hot pink in there before. It came with the tank. I always love natural look but didn't want to do sand.