My 3 young L046's

Fern

I'm moving them to a different tank in with the adults in hopes of triggering a spawn, so I took a bunch of pictures. Not 100% sure on sex so if you know please chime in!
DSCN3827.jpg

DSCN3826.jpg
DSCN3825.jpg
DSCN3824.jpg
DSCN3823.jpg
DSCN3821.jpg
DSCN3820.jpg
DSCN3819.jpg
DSCN3817.jpg
DSCN3815.jpg
DSCN3814.jpg
DSCN3813.jpg
DSCN3812.jpg
DSCN3810.jpg
DSCN3809.jpg
DSCN3808.jpg
DSCN3807.jpg
DSCN3806.jpg

Fern

"Hypancistrus zebra is native to Brazil. The only reported habitat being on the riverbed of the Rio Xingu"
They are unfortunately planning on building a dam in their native habitat and that very well could wipe them out in the wild.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I am SOOOOOO jealous!!! I wanted one of these soo bad. But just can't afford them! Gorgeous looking fish! I would give a whole tank to one if I needed to lol :)

sandnuka

they look awesome... too bad only the ugly common pleco gets big and not the cool colored guys like these... They would look unbelievable at 2 foot long! lol

Fern

I'm hoping to get the adult pair moved over into the 30g I moved the younger guys to.... Hopefully this week.
I got these guys at just under and inch and they are about 2 inches now.
I will share pics of the adults when I get them moved over.

Fern

If they spawn I already have like 20 people on the list for fry :p Yall do know how much they run?

Paintguy

I found one guy on a forum selling them for $120 each if you buy 5. With a price that high I am surprised more have not mass bred them... supply vs. demand.

1fishkeeper

I had a breeding pair of them about 6 or 7 years ago. I sure do miss them. But I know the price back then was about five times more than what they are now.

Wolf-Keeper1

1fishkeeper said:
I had a breeding pair of them about 6 or 7 years ago. I sure do miss them. But I know the price back then was about five times more than what they are now.

Wow that's crazy, whatever happened to your pair? Did they die if old age or you sold them?