Mariners

Betty

Staff member
Any baseball fans? I always have the game on in the evenings and try to make it out to a few each season. Hope this is a good year for them!

Madness

Staff member
Yes I am a huge fan. Love that we are scoring runs so far, but sucks that our pitching is struggling. Its early, they have time to figure it out.

Betty

Staff member
I hope they get it sorted out soon. They have lost some heartbreakers already. Last night -- :( .

jrygel

Yep. Going to the Rainiers' opening day on Friday - we like the Mariners also, but the Rainiers are so much more affordable for a family of four.

Bob

jrygel said:
but the Rainiers are so much more affordable for a family of four.

Have ticket prices gone up? Small group of us were bee-boping around downtown two years ago and walked past the stadium while there was a game going on. They had tickets for $7 so we thought what the heck and got tickets. We only stayed for a few innings though, they were getting destroyed. Haven't seen a beat down like that since Rodney King.

JimmyZ

Vicmacki said:
jrygel said:
but the Rainiers are so much more affordable for a family of four.

Have ticket prices gone up? Small group of us were bee-boping around downtown two years ago and walked past the stadium while there was a game going on. They had tickets for $7 so we thought what the heck and got tickets. We only stayed for a few innings though, they were getting destroyed. Haven't seen a beat down like that since Rodney King.

Exactly why they were 7 dollar tickets ;) This year with the new high dollar players tickets will going for more but you could still probably get them at a pretty good price on a week day. I am hoping for a good year as well, but it takes a lot more than a few home runs to win a game as an example look at last nights game. Pitchers gotta show up, not just home run hitters.

Bob

This seems to happen every year. Opening day sell out lots of excitement for a month or two and they just end up being bad again.

Betty

Staff member
Vicmacki said:
This seems to happen every year. Opening day sell out lots of excitement for a month or two and they just end up being bad again.

So true. :(

JimmyZ

I am a die hard fan, and they can still come around, But right now they are like a balloon with a really small hole in it.