Madness's "kids" in my tank!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: Madness's "kids" in my tank!

Your RD still has the cool pattern.

Probably will not matter in my case anyway, these guys seem to be the aggressors so most likely will go.

fishman09

very odd cause my devil has been cooler tan a yeti in hawaii. the hoga has started to çhallenge my male fred but knows his place

Madness

Staff member

DMD123 said:
I am a little disappointed... I hope mine does not lose the pattern and become plain looking.
It will,but will come back as it grows.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Things in my tank are going to change. The hoga easily eats twice the amount as the devil. He will out outgrow the devil quickly. So we will see how he does when he is larger. My hoga gets along with just about everyone but has a little issue with both the zo.

fishman09

having the largest fish in my 240 be the fred and him being reallu chill sets the tone for everyone else ánd its like a mutual respect they all have amd the tanks plenty big

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

madness,
Had to follow up on the zo's. The one from your pair is doing awesome, eats like a :pig: and is starting to get really comfortable in the tank. Still does not have the color of the other one. The other smaller zo (from gauge?) is totally lame, does not come out and hides in the upper corners a lot.

Interesting difference in the fish. Just passing it along. Yes your fish rock :punk:

fishman09

i have one of madness's zonatus thats a little stud. put him in the tank a month ago and he was the lowest on the pecking order but really keeps to himself and has put on about an inch. oddly the most aggressive for no reason fish in my tank is the synispilum. he seems to have an aread that hes constantly sifting through and seems to go crazy sometimes if anybody intrudes.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

My synspilum is kind of shy but because he is the biggest (just by a hair) everyone gives him space. The red devil does not even mess with him. He seems to be the gentle like the bocoutri.

fishman09

its funny the veija species tend to keep to themselves in my tank. they keep to themselves so everyone seems to leave them alone. the aggression level in my tank is very low but theres still ripped fins every once in a while but hardly ever to the syn or zo :suspect:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

My guys are still pretty small around the 3" mark if I were to guess. I'm sure I will see some interesting changes with in the next couple of months. :twisted:

Madness

Staff member

Im glad you both are enjoying my offspring. :) Selling the rest of my Zo's 1st spawn and 15 more Devils to a LFS tomorrow. My Devils are turning out so awesome, I cant wait to see what my Xilo's turn out like. :bounce:

fishman09

madness said:
Im glad you both are enjoying my offspring. :) Selling the rest of my Zo's 1st spawn and 15 more Devils to a LFS tomorrow. My Devils are turning out so awesome, I cant wait to see what my Xilo's turn out like. :bounce:
thanks for having such awesome fish to distribute :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

madness said:
Selling the rest of my Zo's 1st spawn and 15 more Devils to a LFS tomorrow.
Making more room :cheers:

seattle23

DMD123 said:
I am a little disappointed... I hope mine does not lose the pattern and become plain looking.

Naw he actually didn't lose anything. I wanted ones that looked as plain as can be. The others I kept with pattern still look good. I will try and post a few better pics here soon. Just a bit busy with work these days.

seattle23

DMD123 said:
Things in my tank are going to change. The hoga easily eats twice the amount as the devil. He will out outgrow the devil quickly. So we will see how he does when he is larger. My hoga gets along with just about everyone but has a little issue with both the zo.

I thought the same thing between my hoga's and devil's then out of nowhere the devil overtook everyone for the lead. Now he just hoover vacs anything edible that nears him.

Pics of Madness's offspring. I got all these guys around an inch big.

F1 Red Devil right after dinner :)
IMG_0551.jpg

F1 Hogas
Until about a week ago this guy looked like the guy in the bottom picture.
IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Very nice looking. The hoga had an interesting color change.

I will not need to worry about the red devils in the tank anymore. One died and the other I put down due to illness. I think I may have some remnants of a bacterial infection in my tank. My hoga seems to be doing fine. Great personality and seems to get along with everyone very nicely, so far...

Madness

Staff member

Very nice. :) That Hoga that is now orange, I really hope is a Hoga, (and not just a very late peeling devil) cause if it is in fact a Hoga. I cant wait to see what it turns out like.

Madness

Staff member

DMD123 said:
Very nice looking. The hoga had an interesting color change.

I will not need to worry about the red devils in the tank anymore. One died and the other I put down due to illness. I think I may have some remnants of a bacterial infection in my tank. My hoga seems to be doing fine. Great personality and seems to get along with everyone very nicely, so far...
That sucks. :(