Madness's "kids" in my tank!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Re: Madness's "kids" in my tank!

The small zo was really looking bad, skinny and not eating. The small red devil too was acting strange and not eating. I didnt want to give up on them but I thought it better to remove the sick.

The bocourti still worries me because it too just does not want to eat. But I am giving it a chance because it is not acting totally weird. Whatever issues had hit my tank, the lack of appetite was the first symptom. I am not seeing anything else, no fuzz or issues on the body and no stringy white poo. I hope this is not another round of illness but just a few stressed fish that succumbed.

I dont know if my silver dollars can be "carriers" and infect others. Maybe the issue was that I should have bleached everything including the gravel. I did not do a 100% disinfection of everything so some remnants of the bacteria could have survived.

seattle23

IMG_0014.jpg

Madness's hoga hanging with one of my festae.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Was the hoga always lighter colored? Mine is a lot darker. Then again I also have a darker gravel. Just wondering if mine might lighten up with age.

Nice pics!

seattle23

DMD123 said:
Was the hoga always lighter colored? Mine is a lot darker. Then again I also have a darker gravel. Just wondering if mine might lighten up with age.

Nice pics!
No he/she was darker then went lighter.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

I like the darker color on mine. :(

But I notice that on the full grown fish it seems the color darkens up again. Probably just a phase in their growth, kind of like peeling in the red devils and midas.

Madness

Staff member

Mine go from dark to light and back to dark, depending on the mood. :)

fishman09

madness said:
Mine go from dark to light and back to dark, depending on the mood. :)
+1 :D heres some pics of my male. about 5" and starting to put on some mass
DSC05333.jpg

DSC05380.jpg

and a couple pics of my male devil also 5". and has a very similar pattern to his dad :D
DSC05334.jpg

DSC05374.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

fishman,

Your current hoga pics look like mine. In a previous picture post he was lighter like Seattle23's. I think it was your community picture post.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Mine stays dark almost all the time. In the morning when the light comes on he is light. At times I wonder how much effect gravel color had on fish in regard these color changes.