FS Lowered Again: BioCube 14 w/ LED Lighting Upgrade, Seattle, PU

TimTimothy

[PRICE LOWERED] $100 each or $175 for both

I'm moving in two weeks and need to sell two Biocube 14 tanks, both upgraded to LED dual channel (white, royal blue) lighting from RapidLED. These are great tanks with a really nice upgrade.

I ran them side-by-side, 1 Saltwater, 1 Freshwater.

The lighting upgrade can be seen in the pictures. It's from Rapid LED, and can be seen here:
http://www.rapidled.com/solderless-biocube-14-retrofit-kit-with-two-dimmable-drivers/

These are professional quality tanks now. The lighting upgrade is not only expensive, but the install was time consuming. This is no longer a standard BioCube; you're getting a high-end tank and lighting system.

Note, you'll need a "driver" to run the lights. The most basic of which will cost you about $35 (this is a dimmer for the lights, and there's two channels of led lights (whites and royal blues) on each tank, so you need at least a 2-channel driver. I ran them both on a single Apex computer system, you don't need to get that involved unless you want to automate the tanks. :)

Or, make me an offer! Tim@moreperfect.org or text 206-679-4779.
00909_h7n2RaxGaUj_600x450.jpg

00Y0Y_bss4zTYYfMX_600x450.jpg

00L0L_8WMVTIJD4vB_600x450.jpg

00505_bpWx7rNeCeB_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I'm glad they got a good home. I've been eyeing this thread on and off for sure but the lighting driver thing is way over my head -- and I'm not too proud to say so. Making my old desktop computer run a bluetooth speaker almost blew up my head.

Loren

I'm glad they got a good home. I've been eyeing this thread on and off for sure but the lighting driver thing is way over my head -- and I'm not too proud to say so. Making my old desktop computer run a bluetooth speaker almost blew up my head.
I'm there with you but where there is a will there is a way. I'm more scared about going into the realm of having a saltwater tank which is something I have always wanted to do but never have had the courage to pursue.

Loren

Converting these theses tanks was a labor of love. I had never done such a project and had to learn as I went. So glad they've found a home :)
Well hopefully you took plenty of photos of the tanks up and running so you will always have those memories with you.