WTB Low Light Plants, Floating plants, Malaysian Trumpet Snails

sugarraycrafts

Well starting from scratch sucks. Tried going to my local pet store, they didn't have any live plants, or anything else I needed for that matter. So I stopped into Petsmart while I was in lacey for an appointment. I realize I've been out of the hobby for a while but since when were Marimo Moss balls $10 a pop? I moved past fake plant a long time ago so I bought two overpriced plants, the wisteria I bought was in bad shape I came to find when I pulled it from the tube but it's not worth the two hour round trip to take it back.

Hiccups' tank is still pretty barren and I'm looking for a better deal on plants. I'm not picky, let me know what you have and what you want for said plants. I live in shelton/elma so if you live a tad too far from me I would be willing to pay for shipping if the quantity of plants was worth your time and my money.

Also I need some trumpet snails, If you have a few you'd be willing to let go of for a price, I will pay. Thanks for reading. Hiccup also thanks you for helping make the lush green tank he's never imagined, happen.:wink

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi sugarraycrafts,

Welcome back to the hobby! What size tank are you talking about and what light fixture are you using?

I have a bunch of nice Crytocoryne wendtii 'Bronze', Microsorum pteropus 'Trident', a small bunch of Ludwigia repens x arcuata, some Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan', and some plantlets of Helanthium angustifolius 'Vesuvius'. Everything is snail free. I live in Renton but have shipped plants all over the country so shipping is not an issue.

sugarraycrafts

Hi sugarraycrafts,

Welcome back to the hobby! What size tank are you talking about and what light fixture are you using?

I have a bunch of nice Crytocoryne wendtii 'Bronze', Microsorum pteropus 'Trident', a small bunch of Ludwigia repens x arcuata, some Nymphoides hydrophylla 'Taiwan', and some plantlets of Helanthium angustifolius 'Vesuvius'. Everything is snail free. I live in Renton but have shipped plants all over the country so shipping is not an issue.
Thanks for responding. I set up this aquarium with what I had in my cabin. All of my good lighting and bigger tanks are in storage until I move. All I can tell you is that it's a 15gal tall tank. The hood I'm using is an old hood from a galaxy5(5 gal tank), grew low light plants fine before.The tube bulb is florescent(no helpful markings on bulb). That's about the gist of what I can tell you. Too many years of not having fish, things are hazy when it comes to my fish keeping days.

What I can tell you is I'd prefer plants that pull nutrients from the water. I have sand substrate in the tank and adding nutrients to the water is going to be the more convenient option for me. Even though most of my tanks were planted back then, most of them were filled to the gills with water sprite. Which was fine, I was more interested in the fish then the plants, I just need something that will grow profusely so that I can make his tank green with minimal costs and low maintenance. So whatever you feel is best for me with the extremely limited information I have provided is fine with me.Thanks again for responding, I do really appreciate it

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi sugarraycrafts,

I seriously doubt if I have any plant species that would survive in a 15 gallon (tall) aquarium with a light designed for a 5 gallon tank....maybe I can help you out when you get a different tank set up.....sorry.