Looking for bichirs to fit a 72g bow

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Thanks guys. I look forward to see what these guys turn out like.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The Del is about 3.5" to 4" the sen a bit smaller at about 3". The Sen looked so small I thought the hopplo would think it was a worm and try to eat it. I will find out when I get home.

Madness

Staff member
DMD123 said:
Thanks guys. I look forward to see what these guys turn out like.
image_preview.php
[/url][/img]

:D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I have Hikari sinking carnivore to feed them, so Im sure mine will be little fatties too.

anthony

WHAT THE @!#$ YOU BUY FISH AND THEY ARRIVE THE NEXT DAY!!!! IT'S THAT EASY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a nice delhezi. Those are nice bichirs madness I like the royal, that's what I've got with mine . If you can get the bichirs on the pellets and fresh fish they will blow up fast. Nice score sir .I guess I'm gonna have to try the online thing if I can get another big tank soon . Thanks for bichir pics guys

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
anthony said:
I guess I'm gonna have to try the online thing
Truthfully I was scared what I would get, but I asked nicely and thanked them for the particular thing I was looking for and that I knew they would do their best. Very happy with what they caught and sent.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Well not satisfied with just the two I decided to order a couple more. This time from The Wet Spot in Portland. They should be in next week. I decided on a Gold Dust Polypterus buettikoferi and an Albino Senegalus. I only plan on keeping three in the 72g. So I have to pick which sen I will like better. My original idea was for an albino anyway but most are a bit on the short side. If you count finlets on top they usually seem 1 or 2 short of a normal sen. So I will see what I get, and post some pics when they come in.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
:woot:  Tomorrow is the day my little guys ship out from The Wet Spot. I should have them on Wednesday.

My del is kind of bully to the sen, I hope having two more will spread the aggression out a bit. I should have asked for a sen closer in size to the del. It just funny to watch, not really biting or anything like that. More of a put its body in the way so the sen cant get to the food.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
New fish day! :cheers: 

These are from The Wet Spot

Fish acclimating in bucket

Albino Sen checking out his tankmate (hoplo cat)

Gold Dust Polypterus buettikoferi

The new guys sparked the interest from the del who came out to see what was going on. They are his size so it should be very interesting how it plays out because he kind of picked on the smaller sen by blocking access to food with his body. These new guys are his size and maybe slightly bigger...

Paintguy

I got some night crawlers for my bichir. He can actually eat one longer than he is, so I occasionally cut the worm in half.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
That is one of my favorite things to feed my fish. Right now its been so dry that I have no worms in the yard. (I do not use chemicals or pesticides so I feel its safe) I will probably buy some bait worms for fun.

I have been feeding Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets, frozen bloodworms, some squid and shrimp from a frozen seafod mix (for people) and that is it for now. I do have NLS and frozen brine shrimp which I have not tried yet.

I dont want to try larger worms just yet.... the smallest sen might get mistakenly ate, because he is about 1/2 the size of the others!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
:laughhard: 

Except my pile would have an albino in it.

Madness

Staff member
Yep a little zit in the middle. :lmfao:  Get it a zit (white head in the middle) :lmfao: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: 

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Im picturing Animal House and a mouth full of mashed potato...